wow....i am speechless still...in a state of shock

MedicAsh

...and that is why I like (now that I am no longer going through it) Ontario's graduated licensing. As a brand new driver, one has to drive with a person for a year (or 8 months I believe if they took a Drivers Ed class) before they were allowed to drive solo. There are also a bunch of other restrictions on their driving, but its the "supervised" driving that makes it a good plan!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How sad, my thoughts go out to their family and friends. How are you coping with it?

I've always worn my seatbelt when driving in my own vehicle, and when in the cab of the ambulance, but the only time I've worn it in the back was when I'm on transfers ... :cry: A habit I know I should rid myself of.

...and that is why I like (now that I am no longer going through it) Ontario's graduated licensing. As a brand new driver, one has to drive with a person for a year (or 8 months I believe if they took a Drivers Ed class) before they were allowed to drive solo. There are also a bunch of other restrictions on their driving, but its the "supervised" driving that makes it a good plan!

And that's what I like about California's teen licensing laws. Drivers ed plus 6 months of supervised driving before you get a license (It's called a learner's permit and you can get it at 15 and a half). What sort of stupid idea is it to license (partial or full) someone before you even know if they could drive?

Dustdevil wrote:

>Too shocked to even choose an appropriate subject title, eh?

>That's pretty bad!

Dust, let me take a wild guess, you're career as a grief counselor was fairly shortlived, right?

graduated licensing is not only for teens, it's for every new driver out there, but thank god I made it before that became the norm for me.

I got mine in 2001 because of my father's failing health, he could no longer drive and my mother quit driving because the city's traffic was becoming to excessive.

I took the class and passed, so I got my Insurance at a reduced rate, and if I have an accident and should hurt someone, I also have a 1 million dollar accident coverage.

I'm curious how much accident insurance is on the ambulance you drive? incase you hit someone?

I am handling it as well as can be expected. :cry: we had a debriefing with everyone involved (pd, fd, sheriff, and us)

There is a new law about driving in wyoming. We have the graduated liscensing and the girl that was driving is going to get in loads of trouble. Here is what she is saying that happened.

"I was driving dow the street and I think I ran over something. I was looking in the mirror and the car when up on the median curb. When It got to the end of the median curb it came off and the wheels turned sharply and that is when we hit."

They are still trying to determine speed at this time.

There is a memorial at the pole where the kid died. He was a member of the band and an awesome drummer. Did great in school.

We as EMT's went to show our condolances and added to the memorial. The pd and fd also did. We added flowers to help remember.

Thanks all for your concern and support during this rough time. It has affected us as a community more that you know.

• 3 weeks later...

And that's what I like about California's teen licensing laws. Drivers ed plus 6 months of supervised driving before you get a license (It's called a learner's permit and you can get it at 15 and a half). What sort of stupid idea is it to license (partial or full) someone before you even know if they could drive?

i just moved from there....you also can't hve anyone in your vehicle under 21 years of age for the first year, can't drive between 12 am and 5 am, and the permit at 15.5....

those laws have saved countless lives......

Colorado (as far as I recall) is permit at 15, license at 16, but you cannot drive anyone under 18 unless they're a sibling or it's a valid emergency. Once you reach 18, then you can drive whoever you want around.

I wouldn't know... I didn't get my license until just before my 19th birthday- Didn't get my learner's until I was 17 and a half. Dad was a smart man.

Wendy

NREMT-B

CO EMT-B

MI EMT-B

Wel they finally decided that the driver would not be charged. They looked at vehicular homicide to speeding and they feel that she has paid enough having to deal with the fact that she killed her friend and injured 3 others.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.