To all the new members who haven't introduced themselves yet

Just Plain Ruff

I agree with Paul..I am just now getting into the EMT courses, but have studied up on the various rates of pay in different areas and at this very moment I make more now working at the hospital in patient care than I will make being an EMT in the NW part of Missouri..I had studied areas in Arizona and its a bit more, but not much! I know for a fact that I am very excited to finally be going to school for EMT and I love working in the medical field as is, but I feel being an EMT is what my lifeblood and calling is and a very positive passion and I wish I had gotten into it earlier, but have enjoyed what I do now being a tech in a doctor's office, but it does suck that putting our lives on the line for those in need that we will and do make less than most of the other professions in the med field. I wish you the best of luck and everyone be safe out there.

Be Blessed,

Shannon

Hey all,

Seems like this is the place to introduce oneself,

I am a FF/EMT currently working in the Nunavut territory(Canada), I have just over 4 yrs experience working in a BLS service (approx. 1200 fire and EMS calls/year) I am presently looking at making a move back to my home province of Alberta, and will be challenging the EMT-A exams for ACP registration in October. Wanted to thank everyone for the great information posted here, it is great to have a place to encounter others in the profession!

Hey all,

Seems like this is the place to introduce oneself,

I am a FF/EMT currently working in the Nunavut territory(Canada), I have just over 4 yrs experience working in a BLS service (approx. 1200 fire and EMS calls/year) I am presently looking at making a move back to my home province of Alberta, and will be challenging the EMT-A exams for ACP registration in October. Wanted to thank everyone for the great information posted here, it is great to have a place to encounter others in the profession!

Welcome from the great country of Texas.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.