Injury at the MX park

nuEMSgurl

I gave every detail I could about the call. I asked the medic who spoke to the supervisor what the supervisor said, and all he said was that the supervisor was getting on to us for nothing. He did not say what he meant by nothing, so I cannot tell you what it was he was getting on to us for.

You need to keep in mind when we work the motorcross, we are a dedicated unit. We can't haul patients to the hospital, we have to call a second unit to do that. Once the second unit arrives, the paramedic on that unit is in charge. In other words, YES I was there. That radio I held in my hand was real, that arm I helped stabilize was real.

Now, is there anything else you do not understand?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, is there anything else you do not understand?

Yes. I still don't understand why you bothered to post this nonsense. Can you help me out with that?

If you yourself -- who claims to have actually been there -- does not know enough about the situation to judge it, how in Hades did you expect us to? What was the point? Was there a point? :roll:

The fact that we have to get a second unit to transport the patient may be confusing in that the medic from the responding unit is the one who spoke to the supervisor. When we asked the medic what the supervisor was getting onto us for and he said it was for nothing but a bunch of crap, that's all we got out of that medic. He never would tell us what the supervisor said.

I said some things that came across as rude, and for that, I am sorry. I'm not excusing my behavior, but I've been through some agency downsizing four times in the past year, and I'm hurting.

I'm not posting anything more on this thread. You can think what you want.

well that helps a lot.

Maybe what the supervisor was complaining about was the fact that a 2nd unit was on the way. We cannot second guess especially if the information isnt there for her to give to us.

As long as the patient got taken care of that's really all that matters right?

In my experience there is nothing you can do if the patient decides to bolt at the last moment. All patients have the right to refuse treatment at any time during their care and can leave anytime they want unless they are a danger to themselves. It sounds to me like your company has many issues, foremost they hire idiots as supervisors. Just out of curiosity what did you splint the arm with? Maybe the supervisor was being a tight ass and was afraid the company was going to lose a vacuum splint or some other device.

NuEMS-

You'll have to forgive Dustdevil. He is our resident malcontent and our "if I didnt write it it aint worth reading "guy. Regardless he has a lot of information to offer in you can get past his heavy grit sandpaper personality. Dust you been in the desert to long man. Back to the real world where people dont like to be talked to like PFCs. Youre a good guy and I have learned alot from you, just lay off the attitude and everybody would want to hear what you ahve to say. As it is, its hard to get past that "im the only person who isnt an idiot facade."

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.