Injury at the MX park

nuEMSgurl

It's in the ALS section because we're an ALS service...I'm the EMT, my partner is the paramedic and my partner also wants to know if she missed something...got it? As for more complete information, I can't give you that. All I can tell you is that there was a second medic on the scene who spoke to the supervisor and he said that all the supervisor did was chew us out for nothing.

Now do you understand that when I say that's the most complete information I can give you, THAT'S IT, there's nothing more I can give you?

Sorry, but I'm the type of person that gives everything I know offhand. If I don't know any more than that, I can't and won't give any more than that.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

2 quick things.

1. BLS knowledge (basis legal knowledge concerning consent, splinting, etc) done by ALS providers is still BLS knowledge. This would have been better suited for the BLS forum or probably in the "scenario" forum (what would you have done if...), or the general EMS forum (medicolegal is very important).

2. Don't get your underwear in a bunch because people question. It isn't like someone is going off half-cocked or shouting or anything. There is no need to get indignant about it.

Let me clarify some things...first off, I know that the bulk of this is basic knowledge but my partner is wanting to know if she missed something, and she is a paramedic, and I'm in paramedic school right now so I'd like to know the same thing. BLS may not cover everything (if anything) that she missed. For instance, someone with BLS knowledge would know how to splint and what local protocols would be, but they may or may not know what IV fluids or medications to use, if any.

Second, I don't like it when I give all the information that I have and people say that the information is not complete. It's not anything personal, and I don't mean to come across as angry or cocky, and I am sorry for that.

Finally, I am frustrated about some other things that are going on in our service right now...this event just made it worse.

Easy killer. If your partner is a paramedic, then she should know the same medicolegal rules that apply to ALS apply to BLS... pretty much... I mean, I can't do ALS procedures without a doctor's say so, I can do BLS procedures when ever I really damn please.

I'm sorry things aren't going well in your service, but internet forums are not the place to snap at people when under duress. Now relax, take a deep breath, and tell your supervisor I said that he's a mouthing breathing knuckle dragging retard who isn't fit to manage a Chuck E. Cheese's. That should make everything flow a lot smoother at work.

Nu EMS Girl, step away from the kool aid and take a chill pill

When you say the supervisor said you cannot do that and then there's nothing behind that statement then we have a right to question this.

This was a bls call plain and simple and it should be in the BLS Section. Should we all post in the ALS section because our services provide ALS Care even for a bls injury

You said that a 2nd medic on scene with you said the supervisor chewed you out for nothing, there is more to the story than you tell.

The Question that has been asked before a number of times is why did the supervisor tell you you couldn't do what you did.

My assumptions would be (and they are assumptions only)

1. The supervisor was saying you couldn't let the patient leave

2. OR the supervisor said that you couldn't let the splint go since equipment goes missing all the time.

We are sorry things are not going your way or going good at the service you are at but coming here and snapping at everyone who requested more information when your information was sketchy at best make me doubt that we got the whole story.

It's not the anger or cockiness that is concerning me here. It is your inability to communicate simple, yet important details in a comprehensible manner that concerns me. You asked an incomplete question, yet you expect a complete answer. Do you not see a problem there?

You say you aren't the sort of person who gives all the information you know right away. That is obvious. What we are still wondering is if you EVER intend to give the rest of the information? If not, please let us know now so we can just ignore you from here on out.

Here's what I did say, with the only changes being what's in bold. That and I cut out the previous paragraph as it did not pertain to what I'm trying to say.

Sorry, but I'm the type of person that gives everything I know offhand. If I don't know any more than that, I can't and won't give any more than that.

So cut me some slack, please! How many times do I need to say I'm sorry?

The one thing that sticks out to me, is the fact that you said you cannot give any more information about this call. Therefore, my question would be, were even on this call? You should be able to give every detail about this call if needed. I'd hate to see the documentation on this one.

Todd

edited for spelling

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.