Another Scenario

It looks like he has a problem that cannot be fixed on scene. Does the hospital have surgical capabilities? Start large bore lines with NS and blood tubing attached. I would be very cautious about fluid boluses however. Are there pedal pulses present? Difference between R and L blood pressure?

Take care,

chbare.

you're correct this pt. has Hx of ulcers braught on by stress and is currently bleeding out into his ABD cavity. The pt. was in compensatory shock which explains the HR.. I was trying to catch someone on a HR Tx baught nobody took the bait.

good job to all, this is a prime example of why focused assessments are critical.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FL_Medic, no history of ETOH use or h. pylori . In any event, it sounds like bread and butter for the surgeon.

Take care,

chbare.

like I said before, not every pt. has the typical S/S... plus I didn't wanna give it away. Scenarios are more fun when you have to think. I mean what if it was new onset... anyhow, good job.

FL_Medic, I agree, however, my "murse" training is starting to show. I am already thinking about what things I need to teach the patient after surgery, identification of a cause so I can help the patient and his family understand and cope with his condition, and just plain curiosity. :wink:

Take care,

chbare.

FL_Medic, I agree, however, my "murse" training is starting to show. I am already thinking about what things I need to teach the patient after surgery, identification of a cause so I can help the patient and his family understand and cope with his condition, and just plain curiosity. :wink:

Take care,

chbare.

lol, well try to think like a plain old medic from now on...

just kiddin

Another thought here for pre-hospital treatment would be the placement of an NG tube and application of some suction as well as anti-emetics.

Out Here,

ACE844

I sware I was thinking just that, this morning when I was reading over a refference I realized I forgot the NG tube.