Scenario

OK, the short quick immediate answers are as follows...2+ large bore IV's, labs, 325 ASA PO {Barring contraindications} Low flow o2, as already started, a follow up 12-lead in a few minutes, and BENZO'S until anxiolysis-symptomtology reduction is achieved..extriacte to the ambulance and transport, as care is supportive mostly in this case.

I'd probably do the same, the patient isn't severly unstable, but valsalva's probably won't work concidering the reason behing the tachycardia... I'd probably have her try though. Other than that I agree making sure at least one of my lines is at the AC or closer. the ASA as profalactic tx is great, and expidition of transport is critical.

Dx - Ectopic pregnancy and SVT due to substance abuse.

I made this one up but I did have a drunk teenager a week ago who told me she was drinking because she thaught she was pregnant and wanted to kill the baby, pretty sick huh? I thought that this scenario would keep an open mind to situations similar to that.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FL_Medic, good scenario. I would bet fluids would help this patient as well. It sounds like it may be a ruptured ectopic.

Take care,

chbare.

absolutely, I was guessing that's what ace was getting the large bores in her for.

Incidently did she have a fever? or night sweats, or any of the triad findings to go with the ectopic?

just diaphoretic, I'd give you the night sweats, but she wasn't a picture perfect... as you know you don't allways have all the S/S of an illness for it to be accuring.

My rule is all females with abdominal pain, between ages 11- 35 y.o. is pregnant unless they have had total hysterectomy .. or until ruled out, by beta HCG and U.S. Yes, there might be other clinical manifestations but, I still consider them potentially pregnant.

R/r 911

Agree with Rid, any female of child bearing age, with abdominal pain is pregnant until proven otherwise.