So what would you do????

you should really talk to the crew before the chief.

I agree talk to them allright;.. let them know that they were stupid enough to bring it into the station, their too stupid to be on the truck.... then I call the Chief and let them hash out the details... We have enough idiots as it is.

R/r 911

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if it's the chiefs beer?

The facetious side of me says: "Yell at him for not sharing!"

The serious side of me says: "QUIT!"

Although, I should follow my own advice. Apparantly at an 'off duty appartment' where people who were required to be within 15 minutes for 'back up' but didn't live in the area had a chance to stay - the owner's girlfriend, who stayed over on several occasions, had brought a 6-pack. with one missing. :shrug: Sounds too familiar.

Luckily, instead of getting rid of the beer, he got rid of the apartment - so, unless you live within 15 minutes from the station, you basically have no place to go - and must sleep at the station...And not get paid. It's awesome. We love it.

And, I'm leaving.

And now back to our regualrly scheduled thread:

If it is the Chief's - Leave. If the director of a service has no respect for himself or his service, then he doesn't deserve you.

What if it's the chiefs beer?

Got a camera phone... click it.. & call the City Manager/Mayor. This is not rocket science folks..it is an illegal substance at the work place, beer, Vodka, weapons, drugs it is all the same.

If they gave me sh*t about it, I call the chief @ home, if need be. If need be they get in line for a pee test as well. He definitely does not want the press to get involved... you can kiss their careers good by for being stupid... in my opinion good riddance, we don't need any more idiot's .. and if your that stupid to bring alcohol to work place, then so be it.... then your obviously have no common sense to deal with someone life.

R/r 911

It only matters who beer is it when it comes down to who should get the Axe.

Alcohol is not right for this kind of work place, doesn't matter what the excuse is.

If its not reported immediately then those who do not report it will also end up in trouble.

Who ever it belongs to pays no attention to the rules, and that makes them a hazard to us in the field as well as our pts.

As far as it being the Chiefs. Then that is even a better reason to report it. A officer should and is held to being a leader, what does that kind of leadership say.

I am all for supporting my fellow crew members, they are my family. But I wouldn't let my own husband (who is also one of my crew members) get by with something like that. Nor would I show him any special favors. Not when it comes to safety of my fellow crew members, my self, and my pts.

If one of the crew members has a problem with drinking then they need help and support, and by covering it up, they are not going to get better. They are just going to expect you to continue to cover for them.

Just how I feel on the subject.

Got a camera phone... click it.. & call the City Manager/Mayor. This is not rocket science folks..it is an illegal substance at the work place, beer, Vodka, weapons, drugs it is all the same.

If they gave me sh*t about it, I call the chief @ home, if need be. If need be they get in line for a pee test as well. He definitely does not want the press to get involved... you can kiss their careers good by for being stupid... in my opinion good riddance, we don't need any more idiot's .. and if your that stupid to bring alcohol to work place, then so be it.... then your obviously have no common sense to deal with someone life.

R/r 911

Come on Rid, you know better.

Alcohol does not show up in the whiz quiz. Inflict pain and draw blood instead, on the whole crew. :lol:

What if.......It were cleverly placed there by someone with a key to the station that is trying to get this particular crew in trouble? Lot's of theory's involved, but whats to say this crew never touched the refrigerator the 48 hours they were on?

It is conceivable that they ate at restaurants the entire time due to the stove being broken, Perhaps all should be punished for the mistakes and indiscretions of one, surveillance cameras and such.

James,

I will probally have to take some sh*t on what I am about to say.........but oh well

I think you should SQUEAL LIKE A PIG ON THIS

Because if he is under the influence while working and drinks alot off duty too there is a big problem....ok just imagine this one

he goes to a call he is under the influence and he F%%%'s up.......who is gonna look bad you and the whole dept and ems as a profession....we have bad enough rap as it is...of duty you do what you want but once you come to the squad and enter those doors it is your responsibility to look out for the population you serve......and if you dont tell you are my freind as guilty as he is

and i know you better than that....you are too professional for that......

Just my two cents worth and I am ready to take my hits on this one

Later

Terri

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.