Any members from Northern VA, Maryland, or DC?

Any of you all from around DC, specifically northern Virginia but also Maryland? I'm looking at moving back there for school, so I'm looking to get the inside track on EMS on the south side of the Potomac and if all else fails north of it. :) Thanks in advanced for any advice.

I might be able to help you, Punisher, as I have ties to, and used to work in, the area (sitting in NOVA as I type this as a matter of fact). What do you want to know?

And what school are you thinking of attending? Georgetown or GW?

-be safe.

I might be able to help you, Punisher, as I have ties to, and used to work in, the area (sitting in NOVA as I type this as a matter of fact). What do you want to know?

And what school are you thinking of attending? Georgetown or GW?

-be safe.

Neither....I'm hopefully going to be south of the river....George Mason. I'm finishing up my bachelor's still. What are good ambulance services in the area (I used to be stationed at Andrews but that was several years back so I'm sure things have changed), are there any VFD's that have resident vollies outside of PG county, MD? Just general stuff like that.

Neither....I'm hopefully going to be south of the river....George Mason. I'm finishing up my bachelor's still. What are good ambulance services in the area (I used to be stationed at Andrews but that was several years back so I'm sure things have changed), are there any VFD's that have resident vollies outside of PG county, MD? Just general stuff like that.

"Punisher,"

Try a PM to 'SSG-man," and "richmondmedic," I'm pretty sure they could help you out as they have extensive conatct in that area.

Hope this helps,

ACE844

[stream:9df4f980bf]http://www.moviesoundclips.net/movies1/gettysburg/government.wav[/stream:9df4f980bf]

Fairfax County (in which GMU is located), Prince William County and Loudoun County all are county fire department based EMS services. I know there are volunteer components to the Fairfax County FD. I believe Prince William and Loudoun Counties have them as well. To my knowledge there aren't any part time paid spots in these areas.

Up in Maryland the counties surrounding DC are the same way (county based FD with a volly component). If you're looking for paid work try a little further out in Washington County, MD (Hagerstown area). Washington County has paid EMS only squads for many of the towns within the county. If it's timed right, the drive isn't that bad...maybe an hour to an hour and 15 to Hagerstown.

I enjoyed working in Maryland and would do so again. I like their system and, despite the normal bureaucracy, it runs pretty well. I've not run into anything that would make me want to avoid VA.

Check your PMs. I sent you some additional contact info that should help you with the resident volly question.

Hope you find this helpful. If you need anything else let me know. I'll see what I can do.

-be safe.

I am a volly in southern MD. We have a mix of paid and volly EMS. FD is still about 95 % volly with a few paid drivers. Fairfax has some volly, but rest is FD based. There are alot of transfer services. I have friends that work for some of the local transfer services, mostly based in MD. I do not have much VA knowledge, I left northern VA before I got into EMS. Contact me and I will see what I can find out for you if you have specific questions.

Sarge

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.