Full Cardiac Arrest?

NEWS STORIES that tell of someone dying of cardiac arrest. call me crazy isn't that death? what caused the cardiac arrest?

Or on the news when they say someone went into cardiac arrest, Paramedics arrived and performed CPR but the pt died in hospital

Ok, Ive heard this before. Several times.

It annoys me. But...im curious if anyone else has heard this?

Is there a difference? Between full, and the apparent partial cardiac arrest?

Lesson to all.

Theres NO such thing as FULL cardiac arrest.

(/rant)

So does that mean we get to fire anyone who uses that term?

Or how about those who do CPR on pt's not EVEN IN CARDIAC ARREST..... Yet they are absolutely convinced that that easily palpable pulse isn't there...?!?!?!!?? That always makes me CRAZY!!!!

ACE

Pulled up on scenne once only to find the lone firefighter getting the tar beat out of himself by an 65 yo female while he was doing CPR........funniest stuff I've ever seen....she was screaming get off me in between our hero trying to do compressions and the right hooks she was connecting to his head. As we approached, he told us he was trying CPR but she wouldn't let him...........LMAO

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.