question about drug cards...

for our EMT-I class, we have to do drug cards for the drugs that EMT-Is can administer..... there are some drugs that we are having trouble finding in the books...... does anybody know of any really legit websites that we can count on to give us the right dosages and stuff? because i've checked some different websites and seem to be getting really different almost contradicting info from different sites.... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

thanks!

kelli

thank you soooooo much!!!!

i am reading the posts right now that you sent me..... they are tons of help! i am working on my drug cards today since i dont have class tonight and was getting really frustrated because i wasnt sure which types of websites were most accurate and some of our text books didnt have some drugs in depth...... but now i am on a roll!!! thanks to you!!! i appreciate your help and even within the past few minutes since your post i have already filled out almost a whole drug card! lol....

thanks again! i REALLY appreciate your help!

kelli

:lol:

"Medic_Kidd,"

We discuss alot of the 'commonly used EMS drugs' here on the board rather frequently. So again i would recommend the following.

1.) Use the search function.

2.) If you need help understanding the drug or have other questions feel free to 'post or PM someone'

3.) Heres a good url which will help you as well:: http://www.drugs.com/pdr.htm

Good luck and Hope this helps,

ACE844

Utilise more than one source for your cards. Accept the variations. Most things are not absolutely cut and dried. Get different publications' input and draw your own conclusion from it. Whatever you do, don't get your info from other drug cards. You want to get comprehensive info, not quick notes.

Do NOT write things on your cards verbatim from your sources. You want to UNDERSTAND the information, not just transcribe it.

Look up and write the info multiple times to assist memorising it. Look up a drug at several sources, write it down (by hand on paper), transcribe it to word processor, then finally type it up onto your cards. By then, you should have the information pretty well memorised.

Oh, and be careful when choosing your forums. This would have been more appropriately placed in the STUDENTS forum.

Good luck!

i appreciate the advice... those are a lot of good ideas..... i will definately look at different sources to find the "window" of variation.....

as far as the forums, im still a newbie at this... lol... so i am still learning the ropes..... please forgive me, im still learning where to post things, etc..... im just trying to get involved as much as possible and try to get some good advice and talk to some people who are experienced in different areas of ems and such....

thank you for your advice!

kelli

You also might want to look into the approved uses for your area. Most regulatory agencies have a list that they make available so that you know what they want you to know.

It is usually pretty basic, but will help guide you for your area.