Opinions Please - Diff Breathing

Patch

Patch wrote:

Here's another recent event, 22y/o female with major cramping pains, she's doubled over in her chair and looks in agony. Tx was lay down on this cot for 1 hour and have an ice bag, then go home. Supervisor informs me with a grin," it's nothing, just her period." Or 35 y/o female with epistaxis for 2hours before coming to work, Tx was sit on this cot and hold your nose for 1 hour, then go home.

He will hang himself shortly. If you are not careful he will take you with him. ABD. pain lay down for an hour and go home, no medical attention at all. Sounds good, I ll have to give that one a try,

Please advise him that abd pain pts require hospital evaluation to rule out oh let me see hmmm..............about one thousand different things, some of which could be life threatning.

You need to talk to someone about him.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. This case is one of my worst fears about my summer job (per deim) at a local water park. Sure, 99.999% of the people walking into first aid are going to be cuts, bee stings, etc, but any need to call 911 has to be ran by the manager [who are, at most, only RC first aid certified) in charge at that time. The last thing that I want to be doing to arguing with a manager about the need for a heat stroke patient to go by ambulance and not POV to the hospital because the manager sees dollar signs.

JPINFV wrote:

but any need to call 911 has to be ran by the manager [who are, at most, only RC first aid certified

So he makes the call but it's your ass on the line. Maybe not the best situation for you to be in.

I thought it was pretty funny, and I wouldnt have wrote it if I hadnt experienced it numerous times.

But again I am sorry you were offended.

I am taking this as a personal attack against my character......i dont care how frecking funny you thought it was it was in poor taste and not the least bit funny..........you really need to pick your words more carefully when you insult people.......i got some advice one day and i am gonna pass it along to you .........becareful of the people you piss off on the way ....cause you may need them on the way down........you really need to grow up and realize that there is a right way and a wrong way to do things and insulting people twice isnt the right way to do it..........

once again Patch .......i am sorry i am venting on your thread .........

later

Terri

I am taking this as a personal attack against my character......i dont care how frecking funny you thought it was it was in poor taste and not the least bit funny..........you really need to pick your words more carefully when you insult people.......i got some advice one day and i am gonna pass it along to you .........becareful of the people you piss off on the way ....cause you may need them on the way down........you really need to grow up and realize that there is a right way and a wrong way to do things and insulting people twice isnt the right way to do it..........

once again Patch .......i am sorry i am venting on your thread .........

later

Terri

Lets keep it in the PMs people...

itku2er wrote:

I am taking this as a personal attack against my character......

Ummmm this is an EMT board not a nursing board, And if you think what I said about nurses was offensive to you. You should look around this board it was quite minor. If you were offended again I apologize

Whit

whit72

If I advised him that he should immerse his head in water because his hair was on fire, he would just ignore me and keep on walking with a vacant look on his face.

JPINFV

Thankfully the other supers and the Manager are aware of my knowledge and are more than receptive when I recommend something, usually.