Opinions Please - Diff Breathing

Patch

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patch I hate to to say this to you but ..........to make a generalized statement like that is just wrong.....i dont go around making statements about your skills so dont go judging me cause i work at a NH......it is stupid comments like that that make it hard for us nurses that actually know what we are doing to get a break .........not all nursing home nurses are dumb....

now umm your supervisor needs to go back and learn basic O2 administration rules.......gezzz........

just my 2 cents worth.....

Terri

sorry patch ,,,,,,,,,this was meant for whit72

I actually wrote that not patch. It was a joke, sorry if it offended you.

Poor joke dude......not funny in the least....... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Patch, I read that your supervisor has past medical training in the military, but is he licensed to out side of the military, because he did in the military doesn't mean he can outside of the military. Why, I say that NRB at 6 LMP and treating the patient in the way he did make wonder what training he has, nothing against military because they are very trained personnel, but in this scenario, the super was very much in the wrong, If he doesn't have any medical license in the outside the military then your in charge of the scene not him, I had a supervisor with no medical training that worked with me through an wavier threw they state of indiana to have non medical personnel that could drive the paramedic ambulance, and at all scenes it was my job not his and their for I feel that this follows the same scenario. This should be reported to someone over his head because your the one that has the license and believe it or not its you license that they will come after.

Good Luck, and your treatment was right on. 8) :wink:

Your supervisor is an idiot. Period.

I agreecompletley. To dismiss a pts S&S is leaving yourself wide open. Unless you have all the right diagnostic tool, your aim should be to have this pt in the hospital.

Yr boss needs to have the benefit of keeping this pt alive compared to the EMT's arriving with lights & sirens & any associated percieved bad publicity associated with it.

Any idea on the outcome & diagnosis of this pt?

medic53226,

Some Security Officers, All Supervisors are AED/BCLS Provider and O2 therapy trained and licensed under a medical director.

aussiephil

I have not heard about the Pt since the event. "hear no evil, see no evil", it seems.

itku2er

Got to give respect to the Palliative care givers. Every body's crap stinks except for your Pt's. :wink:

I know no matter what I'll probably end up in your care one day! My Aunt is an RN at a local Em erg. Dept. She used to be Palliative.

itku2er

Got to give respect to the Palliative care givers. Every body's crap stinks except for your Pt's. :wink:

I know no matter what I'll probably end up in your care one day! My Aunt is an RN at a local Em erg. Dept. She used to be Palliative.

sorry Patch didnt mean to vent on your post but ......i couldnt let it pass

but i do think that you need to do something about your supervisor though.......he could really hurt or kill someone you know

good post btw.......

later

Terri

The problem is nothing will happen. I used to introduce solutions but the Corporation is not interested in listening. The Supervisor in question is also the person they pay to teach Basic First aid to all Security. Thankfully, Criti-Care EMS handles the AED side of things. Another problem in my personal view is that AED recert. has been changed from every 3 months to 4 months now. Very few are even interested in the medical side of our duties.

Basically I'm killing time and paying bills until my schooling gets started in Sept. I am getting as far away from that joint as the military will take me, hopefully 15 Fd Amb Edmonton. Nobody seems to concerned about reality and alot of energy is spent on peoples feelings not getting hurt. My manager asked me to participate in a mediated discussion with said Supervisor, wants me to meet them in the middle and work out some of our issues in regards to team work. This Supervisor seems to have the experienced wise old man thing going for him, and it hasn't been challenged so everyone just believes it. Not me, I've seen him work and it is dangerous. Unless the report sounds bad I stay clear of him as much as possible.

Here's another recent event, 22y/o female with major cramping pains, she's doubled over in her chair and looks in agony. Tx was lay down on this cot for 1 hour and have an ice bag, then go home. Supervisor informs me with a grin," it's nothing, just her period." Or 35 y/o female with epistaxis for 2hours before coming to work, Tx was sit on this cot and hold your nose for 1 hour, then go home.

I don't want to come across as bad mouthing anyone, I just want to make sure that this is not in my head and that some professional people agree that as far as assessment and Tx I am getting it right, for my level.

I have come to realize that I am only an insurance policy to the Corporation and don't matter in the big picture there. As long as they can say that they have hired and trained a gender and culturally diverse security department, the insurers will pay and the lawyers settle out of court to avoid press (good or bad).

I'm done, I will not invest anymore of my energy into this corporation. I'm looking to get another job before I enlist. My work ethic and my love of humans keeps me going in spite of the BS.

Thank you for your time and attention. Your comments and advice are appreciated and will help me.