I'm itchy

ERDoc

I would hold off on the epi for now, but definitely have it ready.

Due to the patient taking a beta blocker, there is a possibility the epi would have a blunted effect, right? The glucagon might help this situation.

Reassess, lung sounds and keep a close eye on the oropharynx for signs of edema.

Damn, guess I made this one too easy. Yes, any beta blocker can blunt the effect of epi and glucagon would be the appropriate treatment. Guess I'll have to make it a little harder next time.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to correct the typo doc..... ;) I think you mean glucagon in that last post, not glucose. :lol:

Christ Punisher! Why did you have to bring that whole mess up?

You need to correct the typo doc..... ;) I think you mean glucagon in that last post, not glucose. :lol:

Wow, don't want to make that mistake, especially around you people. Conisder it corrected. :D

Wow, don't want to make that mistake, especially around you people. Conisder it corrected. :D

"ERDoc,"

The reason in addition to the 'glucagon fiasco, err....deliemma...ahhhmmmm..discussion,' is that "Whit," also 'authored' a thread on anaphylaxsis. which makes this interesting. In addition to the above treatments mentioned I would also add and H2 blocker to the RX regieme.

Out here,

ACE844

"ERDoc,"

The reason in addition to the 'glucagon fiasco, err....deliemma...ahhhmmmm..discussion,' is that "Whit," also 'authored' a thread on anaphylaxsis. which makes this interesting. In addition to the above treatments mentioned I would also add and H2 blocker to the RX regieme.

Out here,

ACE844

Keep in mind that cimetidine is the only one that has been shown to be beneficial (the others just haven't been studied).

I would give as follows for a pt with the as describe conditions

o2 by nrb 15 lpm

25 mg of Benadrly IV

0.15 mg of Epi per protocol

125 mg of Solumedrol

and to the hospital so that if the H2 is needed, and futher assesment by the ER staff

That is an unusual dose for Epi in anaphylaxis. Considering this patient is on a beta blocker, you need to consider that standard issue treatment might not be effective. Thus the consideration of using glucagon.