thoughts and observations of Homicidal Ideation--Plans in EM

Ace844

My thoughts and observations of Homicidal Ideation--Plans in EMS and Public Safety does this issue exist!  

13 members have voted

1. 1.

• 1.) Yes, I think about it, and say it but I'd never really do it!
    • 2.) Yes, my partner and I talk like this all the time, but we're not serious!
    • 3.) Homicidal you bet!! Pass the Automatic weapons, and lets stop by the Post Office on the way!
    • 4.) We're forming a 'Rainbow 6 style team' and we're gonna kill everyone...
    • 5.)none of the above, but I do hear my co-workers and others around me say it all the time!
    • 6.)I don't have these thoughts or feelings but I understand them and realize why others do!
    • 7.) No never, I don't see what your talking about this doesn't happen
    • 8.) My response doesn't fit any of the answers you've provided and my response is below
    • 9.) I don't understand the question..WHAT???
    • 10.) It's all the...... fault I was fine until they went and.......

Thoughts and observations of Homicidal Ideation--Plans in EMS and Public Safety, does this issue exist!

Hello Everyone,

One of the other threads in the 'general news' section got me to thinking about this issue. OK, well, that and Itu2k, mentioned it as well. Seems I can't make it through a shift without hearing a colleague saying they'd like to 'kill someone,' or a cop saying he shoulda shot the guy 'uz he ran and thats too much like work!', the nurses when we bring someone from the PIP, the FD because we're interupting their TV time....My partner wants to kill my OD patient because now he can't get his coffee we were going for, etc......EVERYONE, it seems. So, I'd like to hear your thoughts on this. Please vote honestly in the poll and feel free to express your opinions, thoughts, etc.., on this matter here..

Out here,

ACE844

There are studies that show ones giving aid and those that kill have very similar traits, as well as there is a fine line between genious and insanity. That line has to be careful.

With that saying I too have heard how people would love to "head shoot" or harm someone.. remarkable or even scary, I too myself had started saying this as well. I do believe it is like cursing or any bad habit and is very contagious.. albeit, there are times.. we have to be careful, I have seen medics cross that line.

Sometimes, it is refreshing to get a new person or newbie with no preconceived ideas... although it does not take them long to become jaded as well. This is something we need to be aware, and monitor.. no not paranoid, just the current world situation, the stress, the type of behavior(s) of medics anymore is unpredictable. Read the headlines, where the paramedic has gone psycho... yes, other professions do it as well, but with our education and training we should be aware of this behavior. As well, I always find it amusing, if we as medics were to overhear or see such behavior from another profession, we would be the first to criticize...

Let's be safe out there and keep our sanity!

R/r 911

I often sit back and wonder which cocktail I can make with the medics drugs that won't show in the coroners report. um......... no really, I love my medics honest!! :bootyshake:

The answers don't quite fit the question...

"Acosell,"

Why don't you post what your answer would be along with your thoughts and opinions on this then? Do you notice this occuring 'up north' as well, or is this a uniquely American thing?

out here,

ACE844

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.