EMT Achieve

My medic instructor had us buy a cd called EMT Achieve as a supplement to our class lecture and I wanted to know if anyone else had used it and if it was helpful. I want to know if I wasted 15 bucks getting this thing.

I haven't had the opportunity to use it, however I did glance at it via their website. It appears to be a test preparation aide. It should be useful as an additional reference for class. For $15.00, it most likely is a good investment as long as your instructor doesn't teach to it specifically. Learning how to just pass the exam is not beneficial to you or the profession.

Good luck with class.

BTW, here is the website. www.prenhall.com/emtachieve It will take you through a demonstration of the site.

All right guys i'm gonna let you all know now. We opened that Emt achieve thing yesterday, I payed 15 bucks for an access code. And the instructor didn't tell us yet what we're supposed to look at on the site :evil:

I used a similiar program for my Paramedic class (ahhh, those were the days...). It was a useful tool. If I remember correctly, the $15 (which was actually included in our program cost) was for the access code. It's a site that the Instructor "builds" to assist with communication within the class (our Instructor, the infamous Bob Page hosted Thusday Night Q & A chats and critical thinking skills) it also has the ability to post quizzes, homework assignments, forums, etc... I loved it as a tool, but you have to think of it as just that......a tool. Just like any practice or review program it has it's place... you just can't rely on it solely, and as stated earlier, your Instructor shouldn't be teaching to that alone.

well the bigger picture on all this is that we have a similar site already set up through the colleges website. We use the quizes posted on the college website as part of the overall grade too. I think the instructor just needs to clarify himself better.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.