Rural Updates

Even though, I have lived in rural areas most of my life... now it has became urban. Yes those people are aware that they probably will not receive care like those in urban and metro and yes, it would be hard to make the decision for risking lives of those in far away land.. although we risk our lives for less ones (cranksters, gang-bangers, etc.) Please however; If I just so happen to be passing through to another town.. I hope me and my family can get the best.. :D

R/r 911

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the fact that we need to advance, but my question is how to best do it. Yes I may seem to the "educated" as not "getting it", but I am far from the thought that seems to prevail around here that money is easy to get/find/and have! You have the education solutions, I will give you that. You have the nationalized system, I will give you that. You have everybody getting paid, YAY! But who will pay for all of this, until I see a solution that doesn't involve raping the patients wallet I will continue to look for less "obvious" solutions. So until then I will remain the one who just doesn't "get it"!

Even though, I have lived in rural areas most of my life... now it has became urban. Yes those people are aware that they probably will not receive care like those in urban and metro and yes, it would be hard to make the decision for risking lives of those in far away land.. although we risk our lives for less ones (cranksters, gang-bangers, etc.) Please however; If I just so happen to be passing through to another town.. I hope me and my family can get the best.. :D

R/r 911

I agree Rid we risk our lives everyday for even more mundane reasons.

Don't worry about ever "passing through" any of these areas of Washington, there is no place up there you would want to go in winter. I am not kidding, this is directional you will get from EOC for these areas...

"North on Lewis River road 43 miles to Forest service access road 1220, 4 miles NW on FS 1220, till you come to FS 1222, 3.6 miles north, until you come to FS 1222.1, cross over the river on the bridge made of logs, turn right, the road continues to the house on top of the hill. Hit your siren when you reach the house and the RP will come out and round up the dogs."

This is where I started out my EMS career 19 yrs ago, God I miss those days. :?

Peace,

Marty

:joker:

Quint, read previous discussions. This has all been covered ad infinitum.

Funding is not a problem.

Parents' wallets don't get raped to send their kids to school, yet we manage to fun hundreds of times more degreed teachers than we do paid paramedics. You really don't think they can do the same for EMS? Use your imagination if you're too lazy to search the forum.

Quint, read previous discussions. This has all been covered ad infinitum.

Funding is not a problem.

Parents' wallets don't get raped to send their kids to school, yet we manage to fun hundreds of times more degreed teachers than we do paid paramedics. You really don't think they can do the same for EMS? Use your imagination if you're too lazy to search the forum.

Dust if YOU had read the first post there was an invite for YOU to point out if this had been covered, I looked found nothing that I thought this would go under, somebody else pointed out posts that were not even close.

You have made statements about covering topics again and again when it comes to education, but yet I see you participating in recurring discussions on MI's, MVA's and others of the like that have been covered "ad infinitum".

Why is it when somebody "lesser" than you asks something they become "lazy" or stupid? (you have made none of these comments on the "Medics Assistant" thread, and it deals with education issues. Is it because your "peers" started the discussion?) Why bash on them? You show that you are not part of the solution by continually running others into the ground!

It doesn't make a difference whether you are a volunteer or paid when it comes to training and industry standards. If a training/education standard is set for all agencies, then all agencies would have to abide by it. Lets just remember that just because you had 10 million hours of training, doesn't mean you are a better provider unless you actually learned something. We need to keep it practical and keep in mind that small towns USA outnumber by far those "urban" area's you all think should be modeled after. The rural citizens deserve the best care their own communities can offer.

And as a side note.........the paid vs. volunteer thing is nothing but a bunch of crap. There are good/great and bad/terrible providers on both sides......so stop puffing up your chest just because you do it for a living. I do this for a living, but routinely interface or work with volunteers who are just as good as the paid folks. So grow up, move on and discuss a practical standard that would provide good care to all of our country not just urban area's.

This is a profession regardless of pay.

I agree that is what i have said all along....as a volunteer I have the same education and pass the same test as a paid person does.....just because i CHOOSE to volunteer does not make me any less trained than a paid person does...nor does it make me an idiot .....and like I have said in the chat......i know what i can do as an EMT I ......and i dont have to prove it to anyone...but to say i am an idoit and dont know crap about EMS cause i VOLUNTEER ....is just plain wrong.....

Dust if YOU had read the first post there was an invite for YOU to point out if this had been covered' date=' I looked found nothing that I thought this would go under, somebody else pointed out posts that were not even close.![/quote']

At this point, I am talking strictly about the funding issue, which is not specifically what you started the topic about. You may have found nothing about plans to elevate rural EMS in your search (though I can't imagine why not), but there is plenty of discussion here about funding. Try a different search.

Why is it that everybody who starts a discussion that has been covered a billion times in the past thinks that their topic is somehow more important than all the previous topics? Why is it that they don't understand the simple concept that nobody likes repeating themselves like a broken record just because somebody else wasn't listening the first ten times?

You show that you are not part of the solution by continually running others into the ground!

At this point, I am talking strictly about the funding issue, which is not specifically what you started the topic about. You may have found nothing about plans to elevate rural EMS in your search (though I can't imagine why not), but there is plenty of discussion here about funding. Try a different search.

Why is it that everybody who starts a discussion that has been covered a billion times in the past thinks that their topic is somehow more important than all the previous topics? Why is it that they don't understand the simple concept that nobody likes repeating themselves like a broken record just because somebody else wasn't listening the first ten times?

It's just that on this particular subject, you're annoying me with the repetition and inability or refusal to understand the answers. You aggravate me. I aggravate you. It happens. It's not personal. No harm done. Move on.

Dust, I started this as a subject of bridging a gap that I see about to happen if what you, Rid, and other medics get what you want. That problem being rural EMS, the fact that funding got brought up as a side bar should not lessen the effect of the thread. The only thing that lessens this thread is when you go to a thread about "medic assistant" education and then come in here and rip on this one because some questions that are unrelated to the original post are posed! Why is it that if something directly connected is brought up it is then a repeat that should be moved from a current discussion and placed elsewhere, so you have to make two posts when you could easily make one in one thread covering a subject that is multi faceted?

I'm sorry but to say everything is so simple is an ignorant comment, when you as an educated person should know that this is a very dynamic situation. Anytime you talk about increasing wages and raising taxes you know you are in for an uphill battle.

And no I don't feel my topic is important just because I typed it, I let that solve itself with the quality posts that appear.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.