ACLS...helps me go to sleep...

Nate

So I was reading the ACLS text for my recert, and....... Wow, I never realized how poorly the writers of AHA really are...someone could have made this a little more interesting. It is so plane jane...

How did you get the new ACLS materials? We were told they wouldn't be available until October.

Yes the editing was horrendous in the previous ACLS provider manual. The removal of the background information on the medications and necessary ECG's was a very bad idea.

I've looked into ASHI as well, and I honestly can't see how their information is any different from AHA's. If the difference lies in how the information is presented, then a reasonable instructor should be able to make up for the deficiency. ASHI seems to only repackage the AHA material, with no real change to the information.

They have watered down the ACLS so bad.. I believe it could be presented to kindergarteners ..monkey see...monkey do. All credentials and respect have been basically removed from this course. It is a shame that they felt to e so politically correct.. yes, people failed the old course. and yes those should not had been taking care of people. Now, we allow anyone to attend, and it is near impossible to fail and in fact some courses have it where you can not fail..

I hope some legitimate course will develop..

R/r 911

The AHA really needs to hear this from the ones out in the field teaching and taking the programs... I agree 110% that it has become too watered down. It almost makes me ill.... actually that's a lie.. it makes me very ill at how our programs have become so watered down... I'm thinking that a handful of us should start our our certification program.... Hmmmm what do you think PRPG?

It isnt like when they first began many many many moons ago...i was scared to death the first time i took it .....now it is too easy I think....not like the good old days that racked your brain......this is childs play now

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.