PSD

^

Does anyone else say, "If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then I'm going to call it a duck, and not a water fowl" when it comes down to the "we can't call it this or that" crud?

If you need a ancronym to remember the S & S of a fracture your an idiot.

Not to mention that not every fx results in swelling or discoloration (or even pain for that matter). I have seen sprained ankles the size of softballs with ecchymosis you wouldn't believe. I've seen pts with fxs that you couldn't even tell were injured. They came in because of pain when the were bearing weight.

Not to mention that not every fx results in swelling or discoloration (or even pain for that matter). I have seen sprained ankles the size of softballs with ecchymosis you wouldn't believe. I've seen pts with fxs that you couldn't even tell were injured. They came in because of pain when the were bearing weight.

Riiiiight...What DOC said. I have seen many situations where I suspected fractures, but there were no obvious signs. And then, sure enough, right there on the x-rays... There doesn't have to be swelling, deformity or the like for the fracture to be present. Duh... Once again, we have to take off the blinders...guys...

xoxoxo :wink: