Old/error NREMT patches, anyone have some images/pictures

Whoa, I just noticed one of my patches I just got a few months ago for my sweater has a typo on it. Has anyone heard of any others like these? It was probably one of the last old-style basic patches before the switch. I just got it from work and never looked at it until now. Gotta check my other uniforms when I get them back from the cleaners.

nremt-b_typo.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMAO!! :D

You sent me running to check the basic patch I received from NR back in October. No errors on that one. Darn it!

KE5EHI, I have never seen a white one like you have pictured, and I have been continously registered for nearly 30 years. There were a lot of private patches made, that I have seen at conventions. I know there is a rocker with the wording Critical Care in the same color and thread as the blue & gold, that some have to place on top of the NREMT/P patch. These rockers are not official as well. The charter patch I was discussing earlier was very large and has EMT Ambulance written in a circular pattern, and is about 5-6" in diameter. They stopped issuing them after the number 10,000. I was lucky my basic number was 9734.

Dust the top rocker was added in the late 80's early 90's. It started with the IP then Basic. I am sure that with the new Paramedic Patch design all rockers will soon be abolished.

R/r 911

Whoa, I just noticed one of my patches I just got a few months ago for my sweater has a typo on it.

The literacy rate is really low in parts of West Tulsa, so just wear that sweater when your out there. :lol:

Peace,

Marty

:thumbleft:

Whoa, I just noticed one of my patches I just got a few months ago for my sweater has a typo on it. Has anyone heard of any others like these? It was probably one of the last old-style basic patches before the switch. I just got it from work and never looked at it until now. Gotta check my other uniforms when I get them back from the cleaners.

nremt-b_typo.jpg

Didn't anybody ever tell you, there's no "ME" in emergency?

LMAO!! :(

You sent me running to check the basic patch I received from NR back in October. No errors on that one. Darn it!

Yeah, I've been checking everyone's at work. Now if I find one I'll have to come up with some excuse why they need to take their shirt off... or just hit them in the head with a club and drag them into a closet. :lol:

You can see the embroidery needle tracks on the white background. Apparently, the machine operator caught the machine being out of red thread after the first two letters, stopped the machine and refilled it, then re-started it and forgot to pull out that patch. I doubt there are hundreds of them floating around like that or anything, lol. Definitely a keepsake!

I actually have a patch from an old employer in the 80's that is like that. You can tell the machine ran out of thread on the top of the patch, then got refilled before it got to the bottom.

I'm glad you saw that because I didn't even notice it until you said something and I looked at the scan! You can see it better in the scan than the real patch. Thanks!

I believe I still have my old original NREMT patch with the ambulance rocker on it. I will have to do some serious digging, but if I find it, I will scan it, post it and/or get a photo to you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.