EVOC

EVOC  

41 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes, we take EVOC it's mandatory
    • No, it is not required
    • WTF is EVOC?

One company I work for requires it.

The other company I work for, from what I can tell, isn't interested.

'Haven't needed it yet, so why bother now?'

Of the two fire departments I have/ do work per diem for, they don't feel they need it because they've never been at fault for an accident yet.

Gogo good 'ole boys clubs.

:clock:

Driving is just like practising medicine. Just because you have the knowledge to do the job does not necessarily mean you have the intelligence, maturity, or self-control to actually do it properly. In accident investigation, we call this the human factor.

EVOC would have had no bearing on this accident. In fact, I am pretty sure Rural/Metro requires EVOC. This guy knew he was driving too fast and following too closely. He simply didn't care. He was an immature wanker hot-dogging like an sixteen-year-old with a new Mustang.

Interesting that no reports I have read have yet said if they were running hot.

We don't have it at either service that I work for; however we have our own driving class geared more around the way our citizens drive (if you've ever been to Houston, then you know what I'm talking about). :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.