Old National Reg Patches, Big $$

Man these ex-Paramedics ..piss me off! I have tried to contact E-bay, to ban such sales. Then we wonder why & how so many EMSimpersonations occur ! These patches are a Registered Trademark, and legally are supposed to be worn only by current registered members. Definitely, like to find the real identity so action can be taken.

R/r 911

Meh... I could care less who they are sold to. I could care less who wears them. It is the wankers who actually earned (using the term loosely) the patch that are embarrassing the profession, not the rare impersonator. Impersonation would easily be prevented if employers and volly chiefs would actually check out the people before they hire them.

I really just don't see impersonation as a significant problem. And the patch doesn't give you the authority to do anything except maybe get Taco Bell for half price. :roll:

Nobody's spending $28 bucks for that farking patch. I think the seller is shill bidding his own auction to hype it. Besides, there's just something wrong with that patch. Look at it. It's crooked. It's a reject.

1f_1.JPG

Nobody's spending $28 bucks for that farking patch. I think the seller is shill bidding his own auction to hype it. Besides, there's just something wrong with that patch. Look at it. It's crooked. It's a reject.

I agree with you Dust I think the seller is bidding it up. Here is the bid history..

streetdoc_2002 ( 0 ) US $28.00

emttrauma_98 ( 118) US $27.00

emttrauma_98 ( 118) US $25.00

streetdoc_2002 ( 0 ) US $25.00

streetdoc_2002 ( 0 ) US $20.00

emttrauma_98 ( 118) US $20.00

emttrauma_98 ( 118) US $15.00

emttrauma_98 ( 118) US $10.00

bjrangel ( 44) US $9.00

baasmedic1119 ( 210) US $2.00

I would bet cash streetdoc is the seller, notice he has no transactions, that's a good sign its a fake ID. What I thought was interesting is that emttrauma is willing to pay $27 for a patch. It does look crooked, maybe its like baseball cards, defects are worth more.

:dontknow:

Peace,

Marty

:thumbleft:

Well unfortunately, many states use the patch for identification as level you are licensed at. Yes, I am sure the employer has the official paperwork, but when I see the person wearing the Paramedic patch, they should be that level. The same if I see the CEN insignia or CCRN logo, one thing about that is I have never seen those on sale or sold to non- cert. members (maybe that speaks for that profession) . We do not have a State patch, nor do I want one .. since I have yet seen any that looked professional.

Be safe,

R/r 911

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.