I cant find a job

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So why are you going to school for something there are no job opportunities for?

I'd like to be an Indian Chief too, but I sure wouldn't wasted any time or money going to school for it. There aren't any openings.

Not to mention that nobody hires somebody for a job they aren't yet qualified for. :?

Consider yourself lucky. Welfare pays better than being an ambulance driver.

I'd like to be an Indian Chief too, but I sure wouldn't wasted any time or money going to school for it. There aren't any openings.

You WOULD? :D Can I be your squaw? LMFAO!

xoxo :wink:

im not going to school for an emt im going premedicine and this will help me get into med school and get me a jump start. plus it gives me good money while being a full time student [/font:60fcb8b18a]

;):):D .. Almost pee'ed my pants !... Yeah, and the chances of that is higher than me winning the lottery on the first draw.... oh, if you believe being an EMT wil help you into medical school, then you would buy this slighlty used car..... only drove on Sundays by a little old lady...

R/r 911

;):):D .. Almost pee'ed my pants !... Yeah, and the chances of that is higher than me winning the lottery on the first draw.... oh, if you believe being an EMT wil help you into medical school, then you would buy this slighlty used car..... only drove on Sundays by a little old lady...

R/r 911

:lol: Did she smoke in it?

LMFAO!!!

Yes, bouncing around from job to job without seriously choosing a career, as well as attending a school for something you have no serious interest in, looks really good on an application. Not.

Whoever told you that lie was wrong on so many levels. Go volunteer at a hospital. That looks good on an application. Being a temporary ambulance tourist looks like nothing more than what it is -- an ego trip disguised as a humanitarian deed. And if your essay, SAT's, GPA, and MCAT scores aren't in the top percentiles, trust me, they're never even going to see that you were an ambulance driver for a couple of summers anyhow.

How about grammer class? :-k

Nope, but I think we can interest him in a grammar class.

im not going to school for an emt im going premedicine and this will help me get into med school and get me a jump start. plus it gives me good money while being a full time student [/font:0a6cef3b0f]

From one premed to another, focus on grades and your courses. My understanding is that most adcoms have no idea who and EMT (B, I, or P) is, what we do, and are unimpressed by the rigor of the education. Hospital volunteer experience is much better suited. You want quality, not quantity with your clinical experiences. If you can't articulate how being an EMT would make you a better doctor (and, no, 120 hours of "medical education" will not compare to the 4 years you're applying to take), then no one will care. Similarly, if get cut at the primary or secondary application phase (i.e. the grades, MCAT, LOR and money stage), then you will never get the chance to explain it during the interview.

Will being an EMT "help?" Sure, just don't expect it to make up for poor grades, bad letters, or a low MCAT score. Pre-med EMTS are a dime a dozen.

im not staying at my EMT. next fall i will start my paramedic for two years. i already volunteer at a hospital. and i do have interest in EMT. obviously if i am pre-med i would have interest. thanks jpinfv for actually giving me helpful information.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.