Detroit Screws Up Again, Kills Another Person

Still we sit 'here' and pontificate about how we should be treated like professionals, recieve better education, and be paid more in line with our responsibilities, yet, things like this are allowed to happen. Think about it, if your "Joe Blow" and you saw this on a major news network yesterday, how many times before you 'heard' this story before you started mumbling obscenities about 'Those Freakin ****.....!!!" I mean with press like this on a semi-regular basis; it's no wonder we get treated like A$$ all the time! Food for thought,

out here,

ACE844

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.....that makes me sick. :pukeleft: I know mistakes happen...but this is not a mistake. It's stupidity. She should be fired. I don't care how long she's been a dispatcher. She broke the biggest rule of all and that's to assume that there is no emergency.

How could anyone be so stupid. There is no way to ever make this up to that child. Can you imagine the frustration? Geez...where is the little angel?...I'll take him....

How very sad...

xoxoxo

:evil: :!: :!: :!: From all of the bad press they've been getting over the last year or so; it seems that if you would like to obtain services similar to those provided by "Dr Kevorkian," one need only move into the city limits of Detroit and let their EMS do the job for ya!!! :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :x :shock: :twisted: :evil: :!: :!: :!:

ACE844

I saw the comment made that the dispatcher would not be terminated because of her years of faithful service to the city. I wonder how many other times something like this has happened with this "faithful servant of the city". They wonder why incidents like this happen. If you keep the people that are screwing up you have a lot of screwed up people. Pretty simple concept to me. I fell sorry for the kid who was told many many many times in school. "if you have emergency or problem call 911." When he does it they ignore him and tell him to quit playing. I hope that dispatcher thinks about what she cost that child every day for the rest of her life. Like has been said many many many times on here." If we want to be treated more professionally then we must act or perform more professionally." I'm normally a person who feels lawsuits are abused really bad in this country but I think Detroit should be sued on behalf of this child and while it won't bring momma back maybe It'll at least pay for the counseling they'll need for many years.

I saw the comment made that the dispatcher would not be terminated because of her years of faithful service to the city. I wonder how many other times something like this has happened with this "faithful servant of the city". They wonder why incidents like this happen. If you keep the people that are screwing up you have a lot of screwed up people. Pretty simple concept to me. I fell sorry for the kid who was told many many many times in school. "if you have emergency or problem call 911." When he does it they ignore him and tell him to quit playing. I hope that dispatcher thinks about what she cost that child every day for the rest of her life. Like has been said many many many times on here." If we want to be treated more professionally then we must act or perform more professionally." I'm normally a person who feels lawsuits are abused really bad in this country but I think Detroit should be sued on behalf of this child and while it won't bring momma back maybe It'll at least pay for the counseling they'll need for many years.

For those interested you can read more about how detroit EMS provides care, and handles these situations here::

Medical legal loophole

They've set a dangerous precedent and continue to assure themselves job security while providing negligent care and promoting indifference to their populace, sad but true!! :shock: :roll: :x :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :lol:

Hope this helps,

ACE844

This little boy was alone with the unconscious body of his mother for three hours!!

That is unforgivable....and it was TWO different dispatchers! (Though #2 did eventually send someone)

When I was younger, and found my dead grandmother, 911 told me to "call back when you get your shit together" and hung up.

Are these stories common? Are people calling for 911 help that never arrives?

Dwayne

For those interested you can read more about how detroit EMS provides care, and handles these situations here::

Medical legal loophole

They've set a dangerous precedent and continue to assure themselves job security while providing negligent care and promoting indifference to their populace, sad but true!! :shock: :roll: :x :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :lol:

Hope this helps,

ACE844

Ace844: Can you help? read on...... this loop hole is an abomination plain and simple!

Can anyone provide an e-mail contact to the department responsible, perhaps the Mayor office , and any affiliated responsible News Reporter's that want to pick up this incentive as lead?

[hr:e5e1f6369a]

squints musings: while listening to Eric Clapton......If I could Change the World.....I try.... will you?

Plagiarizing from an idea that a group called "Amnesty International" they use a "very effective means to deliver message and opinion's" If we bombard the responsible department with so many e-mails and letters from responsible EMS providers across ALL the borders, this just may have a positive influence on the respect for our shared proffession.

Firstly:Do not use EMT City's good name!!!!!!

A caution all those, no threats, just utter dismay, disgust, and non belief of the irresponsible actions of the supervisory staff, and City Hall. Demand Suspension, and suggest counseling for this dispatcher, (I bet that she needs it today)

Let's not just eat our own that happens way too much.....be very clear about ALL the affected parties and genuine concern for ALL. But WE ALL heard the tapes! Lets not just bitch about this tragedy lets take action!

Just a suggestion but lets use this as the Header.

R.P.E.M.S.P

Responsible Professional EMS Providers.

(I'm open to any better Ideas?)

One thing I know is that Media influences Politics, Politicians make the Laws........ its NOT the other way around. I believe that this is commonly referred to as a democratic society, imagine that!

AK, Dust, Hammer, 8, Terri, Lone, Kountess, Dsmitty, VS, Rid, Ruff, vern, EMSCat, Iceberg, Kodiac x, MMA, North Medicbrat....any and all.

Gday... Oz dudes you in?

Hey UK you awake? its bloody shameful.

Im contacting all my friends in Iraq and Afganistan as well.

ACE844 YOU IN OR OUT? get us some contacts and I will not pick on you anymore.....lmao...so I lie!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.