Acadian

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i received a letter from acadian yesterday that in Jackson county, Mississippi they are now paying 10.02/Hr

for an entry level EMT.

if they come to Texas i don't know if it would be worth the trouble to hire on with them.

i live in Mississippi but i had to drive to Hammond Louisiana for my interview i have to go back again for my lift test.

i then have to go to Lafayette for my orientation. just to come back to Mississippi to work for them.

Acadian is a good company that is extremely stable, one attribute that is rare in Texas. Acadian has talked about expanding into Texas for years, but now that Orange County EMS is folding, it may be a possibility. Their pay is o.k. now, when I worked for them it was horrible. Its worth looking into, they are always looking for people to work the Lake Charles area......................

@Weasle - Sometimes that's the price you pay to work for a larger, reputable, and most importantly, stable company. My fulltime employer has a 3 week orientation that is 650 miles away from my home. And I have to attend quarterly skills competency and an annual recurrancy training, both of which are no where near home. I get paid mileage, travel time, and hotel expenses. Sometimes its worth it in the long run!

I interviewed with them today in Baton Rouge, took the multi choice aptitude tests and pee'd in a cup at the clinic. Now I wait for about 5 days for word if they want me back for further interviews, lift test and physical.

• 1 month later...
I believe they started in Orange County 6/5

They started in the City of Orange recently, they will probably take Port Aruther since no one really wants it. But Champers County is alive and strong, so that is probably as far West as they will go.

They have very deep pockets and are able to generate a LOT of political clout from on high. They are a political machine.

They can usually go as far as they want to go if they set their mind to it.

My guess is they will go north first as it borders their other operational areas.

i received a letter from acadian yesterday that in Jackson county, Mississippi they are now paying 10.02/Hr

for an entry level EMT.

That's not bad. I got through the drug test and little personality and written tests they tossed at me in April. When they offered me a Job as a Basic on a 24 hour truck in the Baton Rouge area the pay rate was $7.18 per hour starting. I havn't called them back.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.