NREMT-B Test (WARNING: Mean-spiritedness inside)

We pay people to do this job, however they only do this job. Our QA team is very good at catching mistakes, finding trends that need to be corrected with some people through additional training, and making sure we change our run tickets up as new rules/regulations come down the pipes from the local, state, and federal authorities. Your going to have to pay me more then over time to read run tickets.

Cosgrojo actually doesn't do QA/QI, but only billing. QA/QI is a whole other department. He basically prescreens paperwork to ensure it's 1- there, 2- complete, 3- correct. That's it. then it gets sent somewhere...Ohio? to be coded, billed, and lost.

Eventually it's lost, found, buried, fermented for 3-13 months, then used as finger painting paper for kindergartners before it's faxed back or notified back East as 'Lost'.

I just drive the ambulance.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OFF TOPIC.. Lets stick to the original thread topic.

Relax Benito. :bootyshake:

And Techmedic is correct about my job.... no QI/QA for me, they get paid WAY more.

• 2 weeks later...

i thought the test was tricky,but i passed the 1st time.i wouldn't want someone working on me that had a lot of trouble in class.BUT....we had some people that were better at hands on learning(like me)than book learning.i learned from the book don't get me wrong,but i am more hands on(like our job is!!!!)i think everyone learns at their own pace,and some people need to face the facts that maybe they were not cut out for this.

i would want someone working on me that had a lot of trouble in class.BUT....we had some people that were better at hands on learning(like me)than book learning.i learned from the book dont get me wrong,but i am more hands on(like our job is!!!!)

Sorry Kristina, but I have to say that too many students use that as a cop out. Hand's on teaches you first aid. Hand's on doesn't teach you physiology, and pharmacology, and pulmonology, and neurology, and endocrinology, and orthopaedics, and paediatrics, and cardiology, and gynaecology, and psychology, and all the other things that are absolutely crucial to being a pre-hospital medical professional, even at the EMT-B level. All the bandaging and splinting in the world is useless if you lack the educational foundation necessary to make sound clinical judgements. If all you are about is first aid, you could have saved yourself a lot of time and money by going to the Red Cross instead of EMT school.

I just took the test on 4/20 and I thought it wasn't hard at all, even though I thought my class was way too easy on its students. I was unsure of 17 questions, which I round up to 20 just to be sure, so I'm guessing I missed between 15-30 questions which is safely below the 45 wrong-answer limit. The questions that I found were hard were excellent questions, exept for the fact that since the class is over you can't go over them and learn from them.

More advanced levels are something else entirely, and I understand that.

I disagree. I am in my last 2 weeks of Medic school and you cannont be a good medic without being a good basic. 90% of the time on your routine call your going to be using your BLS skills and your BLS skills are the most important ones. Also EMT came easy for me but say mechanics, math, and engineering aren't things that come easy for me. It depends on the person.

Sorry Kristina, but I have to say that too many students use that as a cop out. Hand's on teaches you first aid. Hand's on doesn't teach you physiology, and pharmacology, and pulmonology, and neurology, and endocrinology, and orthopaedics, and paediatrics, and cardiology, and gynaecology, and psychology, and all the other things that are absolutely crucial to being a pre-hospital medical professional, even at the EMT-B level. All the bandaging and splinting in the world is useless if you lack the educational foundation necessary to make sound clinical judgements. If all you are about is first aid, you could have saved yourself a lot of time and money by going to the Red Cross instead of EMT school.

The sound clinical judgement line is something that needs to be pounded into everyones heads. We are not doctors and should not try to be doctors, but we need to be able to make the most appropriate decision for our patients regardless of the type of problem they are having. Only an understanding of A+P will give you the tools for this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.