Any good study review for NREMT-B

gtwish

I recently went to school for EMT-B at NCTI, which is owned by AMR. I graduated and went to take the NREMT-B and failed by one question. The questions did not make sense, and the answer choices made even less on allot of questions. Does anyone have any good study manuals and or ways to better prepare as i already do not do good on written test and i felt like the info on the NREMT-B barely if at all related to the information i learned in class.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated

I hate to say this but did you go to Amazon.com and do a search

Did you go to www.google.com and do a search on these terms NREMT study guides

Here is one result of many searches that took me all of 10 seconds to do

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=br_ss_...0study%20guides

It's amazing what can be found by using google

• 5 years later...

I just recently passed the emt basic course that was taught a the local community college, passed the practical and writtens exams, all on the first try. Your right the written test will really make you question yourself and like my instructor said, "Alot of those answers seem wrong, you just have to pick the one that seems the least wrong." I used the online study guide from my textbook (Emergency Care 11th Ed.) to study and pass the actual course itself. Then I used the "Emt Achieve" software that came with my book and a study guide from a publisher called barrons to pass my written test. I picked it up at books a million for like 18 dollars.

http://emsseo.com/2011/01/free-ems-downloads/

Good luck on your State and NREMT Exam... The downloads are very good. Especially, the EMS Study Guide... The guy who started this site, years ago, was my boss at my very first NYC Hospital Based EMS, when I became a Paramedic. I also worked with him at another Hospital EMS... He's well respected in the NYC/NYS EMS Community...

Forgot to mention; it's FREE...

You can re-read the EMT book. Make sure you know the Objectives for each Chapter... If there's a CD-ROM, go over the material on it... If you have a Workbook w/ the Textbook; do all the work on it... Q&A with other classmates & instructors... This is a good way to prepare...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.