Using ambulance as a cover...good or bad??

I don't think the PD would like the egg on there face should the "tweekers" kill EMS on a "fake" call. We have a dangerous enough job to do, we don't need PD placing us in the way of danger! The public is supposed to trust us and feel secured by our prescences. I'm all for the removal of scumbags polluting our communities...but for the love of god, don't use me as your decoy! My paycheck does not reflect hazzard duty pay as it is, and I don't volunteer my services!

i would raise hell if i was on the ambulance that responded...if PD wants an ambulance for cover, we've got a couple sitting around that are out of service, they can use those with their own personel...but if you put me unknowning in the line of danger i would raise hell

What kind of agency would allow that? Bad news, won't it be nice the next time they go on an EMS call in that neighborhood and someone takes pot shots at them.

I think it's one thing to use fire/EMS units for cover in certain circumstances like they did in during the Columbine shootings, as long as it's not an unprotected person driving it (i.e. me), but this crap?

I propose that this practice be restricted to use by the Internal Affairs department of the PD. That way, whenever an ambulance arrives, everyone will know it's either to treat a medical emergency or to arrest (or practice surveillance on) an officer suspected of corruption.

Correct me if I'm wrong :Isn't a false report a crime also :roll:
Nah...cause during training scenarios you put out fake calls on the radio too, but it's not actually reporting a crime b/c the person receiving the report has been told it's not real beforehand.

--break--

Oh, and it wasn't even a meth lab, right? It was just possession for distribution.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.