Tornado last night

Parapup

Last night I experienced my first natural disaster. Several tornados touched down last night in missouri, where i live, and destroyed many structures, vehicles and everything else you can imagine. I had decided to ride shotgun in the supervisor truck for the night not knowing any of this would take place. Anyways, I was able to help out with setting up a medical command and pt. triage and treatment. This is one of the calls that my area of the country ever recieves so it was a very neat experience. The potential of having numerous pts was there but we didnt have too many...it was fun anyway!!

And obviously very near my neck of the woods.... We had them in Hermitage, Nixa, Pittsburg, and Flemington (I know I'm forgetting a couple).... In fact there was one gentleman just SE of me who lost a home in 2003 to a tornado, and lost another one in this storm... :shock:

Well We kept the Christian County Side of things safe! Although I think we spent more time in Greene county that night, Very spectacular lightning show that night, glad that there were no more fatalities than the Marionville incident (in our area). It was good to see that all went well with all the different agencies involved.

I was up in Polk County... still haven't heard from some of my friends that were hit in that area.

For real. I have a friend in Lawrenceville, KS and they got hit pretty hard on the KU campus there. Luckily, she was out of town at the time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.