Question to people in FDs

Para-Medic

I was actually looking for this information. Could you tell me where you found this info?

I wish I could remember. I think it was on the news. I didn't commit the source to memory. I just found the statistic itself interesting enough to remember. Sorry.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow dust.... i've gotten into some arguments on this board.... but your goin to have the first all women lynch mob coming after you.... damn.... i don't know if your really brave or stupid.... either way good luck!

Hmm

*Grace gathers up the women...*

Brave or stupid? Well Dust, you are pretty smart, but that was pretty stupid there!

>

>Hmm

>*Grace gathers up the women...*

>Brave or stupid? Well Dust, you are pretty smart, but that was pretty stupid there!

Heh, I'll add fuel to the fire... This is a photo circa 1970 of a real bumpersticker from a fire engine in Brooklyn...

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b178/asy...endagirl8we.jpg

Dust, you start the car, I'll get the map to Tijuana.

Estrogen induced stupidity, huh? You wanna hear about the injuries I've treated in my male friends? From sheer stupidity? Guess they must have excess estrogen! :)

Wendy

NREMT-B

Actually, I skimmed an article a while back that said it wasn't testosterone that causes violent behavior, it's low levels of testosterone (and maybe high levels of estrogen I can't remember).

*slow inches back towards the corner*

Not to break up the gender party here.... but has anyone else read about the baby found in Long Island? It was run over so many times that it's sex and race could not be identified. Not only did it make me grossly sick to my stomach when I heard it on the radio and again in the paper but it made me think of this discussion and about this law. This is the reason this law is good and is needed, but it's also proof that the law dosn't always help. Sometimes I think that there is no real answer.... sometimes things are just so horrable you can't find any answer that makes it feel better.

• 2 weeks later...

Baby Born at Colorado Fire Station OK

Story by thedenverchannel.com

A baby boy who was born Friday at a Poudre Fire Authority station and left there by his mother remains in good condition, said authorities at Poudre Valley Hospital in Fort Collins.

A family has already asked to adopt him, and he has already been placed, said authorities with the Larimer County's Department of Human Services.

"State law requires the Department of Human Services to place Baby Doe with potential adoptive parents as soon as possible. Therefore, as soon as Baby Doe is ready to leave the hospital he will be placed with a certified Foster-Adopt home, one that was approved by the Larimer County Department of Human Services some time ago," said Michelle Hostetler, deputy division manager of the Department of Human Services.

"The people who will be receiving Baby Doe have received the training required and passed a background check, both required by law to become foster-adopt parents," said Tony Passariello, supervisor of the Permanency Unit at the Department of Human Services.

The boy's birth mother walked into a fire station Friday at 8 a.m., and gave birth an hour later. She left the infant with the firefighters and paramedics who helped deliver the child.

Since she invoked the state's Safe Haven law, which allows a mother to surrender her child to medical workers, a hospital or fire station within 72 hours of giving birth, the woman will not face any charges.

This is the first time that the Safe Haven law has been used in Larimer County. Hostetler said it's a good law -- one that obviously helped a struggling mother.

"What she did was an act of love. She could have given birth and put the child in a plastic bag, and she chose not to do that," said Hostetler.

To learn more about the foster-adopt or the adoption programs in Larimer County, call (970) 498-6940.

Colorado has had thi slaw ain place for awhile now, but there are still ALOT of people? who are still placing the babies in dumpsters etc..

Last month there was a incident where a lady reported 2 boys had a baby and were throwing it back and forth like a football.

I will look up the rest of the story, so i give the info correctly..If i remember right it was her who had injured the baby. I believe the baby died.

It is so sad knowing so many people want t a child, I am a product of adoption also. It is a good thing. I did find my parents, good and bad, Father an Airline Pilot for US AIR. Commited suicide 2 years before i found him.

Mother is a nurse (interesting that i followed) has 3 children, states i have no right to medical records! What a nice person...

The "Edit" button allows you to go back and fix your own posts without double posting.

You ratted yourself out! Nobody would have known if you hadn't told us! :lol:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.