Did I get the job as a EMT for the New York Fire Department

EMTinsobx

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you mean FF "backdoor" exam :tongue2: Promotional my :bootyshake:

Yeah it's kind of sad.... EMTs can get into supression meeting lower standards then straight out applicants and it's why a lot of people go through EMS to get there. I personally think this is stupid.... I wouldn't want EMTs taking care of me who got in with lower standards and I wouldn't want FFs coming in to rescue me who got in with lower standards either.

I wouldn't want EMTs taking care of me who got in with lower standards and I wouldn't want FFs coming in to rescue me who got in with lower standards either.

Why not? Firefighting isn't rocket surgery. It's just a blue collar labour job that the majority do for free. As long as they are physically up to the task, I am no more concerned with their standards than I am with the standards of the trash collectors or ditch diggers.

Firefighting isn't rocket surgery.

Hmmmmm Heard of Rocket Science, but not Rocket Surgery ?!? :?

Hmmmmm Heard of Rocket Science, but not Rocket Surgery ?!? :?

It's top secret. Hush hush. I wouldn't expect mere civilians to know about it. :wink:

Having been with FDNY and prior to that HHC (they were the first to run EMS in NYC) I'll tell you a secret. There is no rhyme or reason to the city's hiring procedure. We will not hold classes for 5 months and then hold 3 huge classes back to back. Best advise, be patient. We are in constant need for EMT's and Medics. Good luck ](*,)