Did I get the job as a EMT for the New York Fire Department

EMTinsobx

Good luck to both of you. With any luck, you'll be hired and back on the Internet bitching about how bad it sucks just like every other FDNY EMT very soon! :P

Be careful what you wish for!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone get a phone call/letter for the March 13th FDNY EMS class yet? I hear they should be calling people by the end of this week. Also, what are the benefits of having civil service status at FDNY? How long does it take to get? Thanks!

I wonder if he's out there somewhere working on an FDNY ambulance right now..?

Wondering why he didn't get a pay check et?

"Mr. Lumbergh told me to talk to payroll and payroll told me to talk to Mr. Lumbergh and I still have not received my paycheck and they moved my desk to storage room B and there was garbage on it."

For five points, what movie is that?

The benefit of having a civil service status is "not getting fired".

Well... that's one... but in 20 years NYC EMS has never had to lay any one off or freeze hiring..... sooooo if your getting fired it's cause you screwed up big time and civil service isn't going to save you (nor should it, if your that bad).

The real benefits are promotion.... it makes you eligable to take the LT promotional exam and the FF promotional exam. I think, although I'm not sure, it is required for the paramedic upgrade class. Either wasy it's good to have.

That's just once your on the job. A big thing about civil service people is that they have to get hired first! So if you didn't apply for civil service and the guy next to you did but you have been waiting 3x as long...... guess who is getting hired.