Its official, im starting a 911 service.

I like the janitor look...:lol:

These are major concerns...and a corporate logo is something I would also suggest be done as quickly as possible.

Through the successful small companies I have started, having a logo helps in the marketing aspects a great deal--but you need a solid business plan, plenty of capital-and the brains to hire the best people you can and...stick to the plan!

Im still working on a response to dusts two posts...

Logo: done

Business plan: Done

Capital: Done

Brains: Done

Thank you so much to everyone for this. Keep em' coming, im one of four members of EMTcity doing this, all in different areas.

PRPG

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im still working on a response to dusts two posts...

Cool. Of course, all of my questions were more rhetorical than literal. Just trying to stimulate a little thought so that you might stumble over little details that sometimes get lost behind all the big matters like finances. Although I would be genuinely interested in hearing all the answers, please don't feel obliged to do so on my account.

Cool. Of course, all of my questions were more rhetorical than literal. Just trying to stimulate a little thought so that you might stumble over little details that sometimes get lost behind all the big matters like finances. Although I would be genuinely interested in hearing all the answers, please don't feel obliged to do so on my account.

Understood...and agreed. I have to think of these things anyway, so might as well do it now. I have answers for most but not all.

Again dust, thanks for the help and tossing that out there. The other three and I who are working on similar projects could certainly always use more stimulation.

Ok...get that out of your head...ugh....dirty old man...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

PRPG,

Congrats, on starting your new business venture. I wish you all the best and much success. I would expect no less than this from an astute and knowledgeable individual such as you. Good luck, if there's anything I can do to help, let me know,

ACE844

I want to wish you luck. If your private non-profits are anything like ours, they will fight to the death. Or until the wallet starts running dry. That is why no out of the area, or for profit service has ever made it up here.

Since I don't live far away, and probably even have family in your "district", keep me in mind.

Now you just need to send me your logo and I'll make you some really cool t-shirts, make good under shirts too. :)

And I can chip in free web hosting (email as well) if you'd like. Nothing says "unprofessional" these days like using a hotmail, aol, or yahoo address for anything serious.

want to set yourself apart? pay your people UNBELIEVABLY well.

Now there's a redundant statement.

Anytime somebody is being paid well in EMS, it is unbelievable! :)

Personally, I think there is more to pay that attracts me to a service. Some of the things I look for as paramedic before I would go to work for a service are the following:

How is the service ran.

Where does their funding come from.

Upper management and supervisors background and education.

Does the service pay for CE, does the service provide in house CE.

Do they require those extra certs beyond ACLS.

How happy are the workers.

What do the employees look like when they aren't around management.

Level of trust management and employees have for each other.

Does the service welcome change, do they change their protocols as new advances in medicine are made.

Checks and balances of the service.

Those are just a few of what I look at, but it has surprised the people interviewing me when I actually respond to their "do you have any questions for us" comment. I like to tell people that when you apply for a job, you are interviewing the company/service as well. So what I'm getting at is, what kind of service would you want to work for, and what kind of service can you provide realistically.

You can pay me $80,000 a year, but if I'm still in the dark ages as far as protocols, work with really bad co-workers, and have to sleep in a station that has more problems then Anna Nicole Smith, I don't want to work for you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.