You might be a wanker if...

Dustdevil

Ah hell. I'm not even an EMT (yet) and I am already displaying a few symptoms which are found mostly in my purse, which looks more like a medic bag. In there I have: several alcohol wipes and IV tubing caps (hey, my pockets dont always get emptied before I leave work), scissors (so I don't forget to take them TO work), CPR mask (which I think is made by DynaMed)(hey, when someone goes down at my stepson's little league game I don't want everyone staring at me thinking you're a nurse do something and not be prepared!) and an O2 cylinder wrench, which is attached to my badge (again, so I don't forget to take it TO work) and yes, I have a Gall's catalog at home (hey, my husband and I both do Civil Air Patrol ground team work and they provide lots of great field gear). It only gets worse doesn't it..... :roll:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK i guess i have to admit I must be a wanker. I am frequently in my uniform because a work 15 days a month. I always have my pager on when home for the VFD I'm with and i have 4 or 5 fire or ems shirts. However no light bars, stickers ect.. I do however have my own jump bag because I live out in the sticks and have calls between my house and the dept.

So I'm a card carrying member of the wanker club

I work with a volunteer department and we have several members who we call "woo woos". my first day on the job, the senior fire captain on duty called me into his office and explained to me that i better not be "one of them woo woos" and to go and wash his truck. As i go out to his truck, i hear some crackling and voices. I look in and he has several scanners tuned to different frequencies!! i thought to myself "this guy is the biggest woo woo i have ever seen" upon further inspection i found stickers and lights all over this guys car. it was the best first day on the job ever!! :!:

The first day I got my emt licences in the mail I ran down to the DMV and got my brand new EMS plates! not to mention I have a stethascope hanging from my rearview mirror at all times.....

I dont mind sayin I like being a wanker :D

-5 for spelling stethoscope incorrectly.

All you need now is a light bar, a star of life tattoo, some Oakley's and shave your head. Oops, wrong sex. Just a few stickers on your POV and you'll be good to go. :lol:

BTW, welcome to EMT City!

I don't think they mean asking the victims, I think they mean asking the firefighters or EMT's. Once there are adequate resources there, stopping is just a hinderance not a help.
Yeah, that's what I meant. I guess i should have elaborated the fact that EMS was on scene. :roll:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.