The role of epinephrine in prehospital tx of anaphylaxis

HF-EMS

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it seems like your lawyer would have answered all the questions for you, which again leads me to call BS based on all the other stories I have heard from you. Seems like he would also advised you not to discuss it with anyone.

So you came into an EMS site with a twisted story, using subterfuge to gather information that you can obtain from any ER doc or paramedic textbook. You have not provided nearly enough information for any of us to advise one way or another whether or not the treatment was appropriate. You also admit to trying to get the ER to change the order...this is unethical and illegal. As an EMT/medical assistant and a newly certified medic, you should know all this already. You are employed, do you not have medical insurance. I would not be paying thousands...if you had a legitimate case, a lawyer would be helping you get proper medical treatment, knowing he would be paid off in the end, but alas, your "case" is bogus.

It is great to have you back visiting EmtCity, we have not missed you in chat for several months now..I am sad that you have now found out about the forums and how to post. Maybe you will go troll some other sites...

Yes, you are getting hostility because i am the patient this happened too. Also a medical assist/EMT, and cannot give the whole story to you,i you all answered my questions on this ordeal that i have been through that was needed.

I am NOT "SUE" happy, i have paid thousands to find out what is wrong since this "mistake", I have all documentation.

I have had nerve blocks X3 sets at 3 blocks each with no numbing, should try it sometime..

I have also had the owner of the ambulance contact the ER Dr on duty and ask her to change her order so they would not have this little error come back to haunt them.

The moral to this whole story is we depend ont you all to save our lives, we are at your mercy, this should have never happened.

Yes, i am crying for the life i had as well as what i have now because someone thought they were God.

Benadryl was working fine, all documented, Epi given Degraded So why did he chose to give the Epi??

You are welcome to block me off this site. I apologize, not after attention just answers.

Sara:

This is very sad, but why did you try to hide that you were the poor victim?

How will this help your Law suit by asking here?

The moral of the story...is there a moral value here this was not a malicous act.

Some one may have made an error, Lots of MDs do?

Excuse me, but I am confused, can you please explain:

Did you ever have an AV malformation questioned?

Do you have a psyhc pmhx and are you on any meds?

sorry but you did not read what was written. i was not working! I did not try to change the order! i am the pattient! I can talk about it, even with an attorney, i did not give you all the facts except the Epi dosage.

sorry but you did not read what was written. i was not working! I did not try to change the order! i am the pattient! I can talk about it, even with an attorney, i did not give you all the facts except the Epi dosage.

Sara if you want answers, you need to give the full story.

I understand and have read your posts.

You obviously are capable of expressing your views, and can type.

So what type of damages have resulted from this event?

I was given epi ivp .03 1:1000 v-tach, severe head pain right sided only.

headache has never gone away, i am not sue happy i just want to be able to enjoy life. I have been dx with occipital neuralgia.

Head pain/ache is and has been right sided only. Why would epi cause this when it is only a short lived med.

Was it due to vasconstriction? Epi given to quickly?

I know about the "code of silence" for medical personal, I hope this never happens to another individual, or family member.

Why are you asking us? You are the one who has spent thousands of dollars, had MRIs, CT scans and seen 2 different neurologists. You think a few medics and EMTs on a website are going to give you better answers than all of those professionals you have spent thousands on? According to the website I provided earlier, your diagnosed condition is cause by factors other than epi administration. I think you are reaching here.

Ah yes, the "Code of Silence"...I think that was Chapter 2 in EMT school and then reinforced again in Semester 3 of paramedic school. We know it and live by it. To death we carry our secrets. That was sarcasm in case you didnt realize. There is no code of silence. You as an EMT or medic should know this stuff. In fact, you should know everything you have asked us because you stated you are a medic and EMT.

Please cut the crap and move on.