The role of epinephrine in prehospital tx of anaphylaxis

HF-EMS

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious on how you .........accidentally give anything I.V. ?.. Not to be an ass but that is what the attorney will ask as well. Actually, 0.3 mg of 1: 1,000 is not WAY out there but, definitely enough to light her lights if not needed.

Every one makes mistakes, you did the proper paperwork ? The Dr. checked her out.. that's the best you can do The headache is suspicious ... I suppose a CT, MRI etc. was performed afterwords? I have a hard time believing continuous H/A ... remember epi is the same as adrenalin.. smell like someone wants money... I would check into an attorney for myself, I definitely would not trust my boss if he is known not to be responsible pay premiums from time to time.

Good luck,

R/R 911

First off Good Luck with your legal issues. I also am wondering why an EMT was admin any drugs iv or im...only Paramedics can do that in Louisiana at least if you work for New Orleans EMS. How do you know the pt went into VTach if she wasnt on a monitor?? Good Luck :shock:

Sara, your stories in the chat room have become old and tired...and now you bring them to the forums. Your story has way too many inconsistencies in it and I am surprised Rid chomped at the bit. In his favor he must have been tired. You screwed up a few weeks ago yet the ambulance company sent the bill to collections after 1 month. HMMMM.....Your pt went into Vtach with no monitor in place, how did you determine this??? You iced your pt down immediately...in the back of the rig???? Did you pull over to the 7/11 and buy a bag of ice??? An ambulance company having insurance will never protect you from gross negligence so that argument is flawed. If a lawsuit were being discussed, I highly doubt you would know about it this early on and you most certainly would be the last to know..usually in the form of a sub poena..so again I call BS on that topic. She was doing fine with benadryl but you went ahead and gave epi...why? In addition to the BS you have spewed thus far, you follow up saying you know the results of the pts medical tests, weeks after the event. This is privileged information and if there were a lawsuit being discussed, you certainly would not be kept in the loop on the day to day medical diagnoses. As for the occipital neuralgia, here is a good website for you to read..focus on the causes please. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/occipit...alneuralgia.htm

Finally, why is an EMT pushing benadryl and epi???

If this were true, I hope you lose all certifications, your job and your butt is sued to the point that all future paychecks are docked. However, we know this is yet another futile attempt of yours to post something dramatic and garner attention for yourself. Please refrain from frivilous posts in the future.

Your right Ak.. just off a busy 24. There was questions in what the "whole story" was so many open holes. Another wacker that wants attention ....seems like this site is gathering a lot of different personalities these days, than it used to. I hope this is not what EMS is really becoming.

R/R 911

So at first you didn't have a monitor, but now you do. OK. Your area is sooooo rural that icepacks are the recommended treatment for Vtach??? I didn't get that one in ACLS but I am due for renewal so maybe I am not up to date on the latest since you are a new medic that still works as a basic but does ALS procedures.Hmmmm, gets confusing doesn't it?

As for small towns, yes I have lived in them. As for getting a life, I do have one, its mine and you can't have it. I am one of the forum moderators, it is my job to keep things in order and call BS when I see it. You asked and I responded. Why the hostility? You have no business being in the field if you make a simple med error as such you described. You deserve all the punishment that can be dealt to you. You could have killed someone, what do you say then. Oops it was a mistake and I am sorry I am not as perfect as you. I don't think so.

I poked holes in your story and rattled your cage and you could not handle it. Please heed this notice. If you post frivilous posts again and/or make any personal attacks, you will be dealt with swiftly.