What Are You Anal Retentive About in EMS?

pmedic623

Yet another one... This happen just this morning. Our other crew took a transfer to a specialty resource center. They left about 0230 was back by 0500. They left the truck on 1/2 tank of fuel and a banana peel and candy rappers is the floor. When I confronted the off going medic she said well it's not like I don't clean up after other people. This person has been giving the nickname of rat-girl because when she moves in for her shift there is not a clean flat surface left in the base, and usually leaves it dirty. Talk about lazy.... Thanks for the vent.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay.. here is some more... dirty linen and turned out gloves in the side compartment.. also, we have a lot of smokeless users, where i work at.. spit cups.. c'mon, you have the habit clean up after yourself.

I don't mind a dirty unit so much, if you have been up all night ... and beat ass tired. Just be sure the rig has gas, some O's.. and please replace the med's you use as well as batteries and some ECG paper..

Be safe,

R/R 911

I have to echo the part about cleaning and restocking the rig. I hate it when you need a NRB and have to reach into the jump kit inside the rig because someone didn't replace the ones they used.

I'm very serious about looking professional. I'm a small female and look younger than my age, so if I don't look professional, I'd have people think that I'm just messing around.

I'm really anal about BS over the radio. We have a gal that runs on our service that is often heard giggling over the radio. angry9: I understand that there are times that you've got to laugh, but this one is excessive.

Ok, I'll shut up now and get off the soapbox. :-#

What also bothers me is when fire gets on the radio and decides to start rambling on...thus jamming dispatch....

Other times though, I don't have a problem with it. On the contrary it can be quite comical....an example was the time that our crash truck was on the way back to the station from an MVA...

"167 in pursuit of a red Corvette..."

That was hillarious. Turns out the guy was a drunk driver and he didn't want to let him get away so he tagged him until the cops arrived.

• 2 weeks later...

Experienced paramedics who "skip steps" in patient care for laziness. I'd rather be treated by a firefighter than some Paramedics/EMT's I've seen who have become so tired of the profession that they do as little as possible to get by.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a few things....

-Dirty rig

-not restocking

-half assed documentation just because you don't want to write it out..we still use paper and pen here

-arrogant paramedics...not dogging paramedics at all but we do have some who treat us as if we are brainless because we are a small rural service

-people smoking in the ambulance bay

-instructors that become involved with students...wait until the class is finished

-lazy techs...don't try to skip steps

-lazy management

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.