Double medic crews on ALS rig?

Do you think ALS rigs should run double medic crews?  

15 members have voted

1. 1.

• yes
    • no

A good basic partner can actually do quite a bit for a paramedic.

Therein lies the problem. She's not there to do things for me. She's there to do things for the patient.

I don't want a helper. I want a full partner capable of providing the same care for our patients as me. If I have to supervise and give orders to my partner just to get things done, that distracts from my patient care. Anything that distracts from patient care is unacceptable.

Partnering a B with a medic is like putting nurses aides in the ER instead of RN's. The doctor ends up doing all the work.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we really going to go through with this same sh%t that has already been discussed? Admen if you really want, we can start to repeat the other thread.

It is absolutely impossible to discuss this topic with DUSTDEVIL, again he is way to above any EMT-b. He is in desperate need to have another medic there to back him up at all times.

I get so sick of hearing the mighty DUSTDEVIL run down EMT-b's. Mr. GOD that has never made a mistake in his life. Has never made a judgment call that did not turn out the exact way he meant for it to. MR. PERFECT has his opinion and no one else can comment about it because they are always wrong.

For GOD sake why don't you get over your self and go back to nursing so you can be with your bedpans where you belong.

I have never heard someone so hung up on them selves.

I made plenty of mistakes as a B. And that is exactly how I know how inadequate they are.

Get a clue. :roll:

Get back in the field a bit, and somewhere besides the system your used to, and we can revisit this discussion.

Basics, in many services and circumstances, serve as a decent functional part of the EMS system.

Regarding there inadequacies, there are just as many poor medics on the street, yet your ok with them providing care.

Re-format your arguement with experienced directly related to EMS RIGHT NOW, then feel free to make your point known.

Until then, with all professional respect to you and your experience, please keep it to yourself.

XOXO - PRPG

PRPG, you can't be serious. You don't think I can tell from being in refresher class with them for a month how inadequate EMT's are? You don't think I can get a hint at their inadequacy from reading their posts here? Funny, you think you can judge me by my posts yet you don't think I can judge others? That's a little double-standardish, isn't it?

Don't forget, your textbooks were written by people who have been out of the field longer than I have. You can stay very well informed and abreast of the world around you without getting your hands dirty. In fact, I find that most of the things that you and others tell me have drastically changed in the last ten years are usually BS.

DustDevil, there was no judgment here, they were simply stating this discussion could have been more productive without you coming off as an arrogant know-it-all. You can clearly state your opinion without degrading basics and making them feel useless, when truth be told, PRPG is absolutely correct when he said "Basics, in many services and circumstances, serve as a decent functional part of the EMS system."

You'd receive a more positive response to your replies if you stopped coming across so argumentative and insulting to anyone below you.

Sorry, but I'm not here to be politically correct or blow smoke up anybody's behind to make them feel better about their 120 hour first aid certificate. I'm here to talk facts. This isn't even about people. This is about educational standards. Anybody who takes personal offense to a discussion of the inadequacy of EMT education in this country can either get over themselves or go back to school. Their fragile egos are not important to me. Our patients are important to me. And I do not support anything that is not in the patient's best interest.

Everyone has contributed nicely to this debate. There have been excellent responses both for and against. But alas, time is up. We must not beat this dead horse any longer and we should move on.

We are getting off topic and beginning to attack.

Thread locked....AKflightmedic