Story Time!!

Have you ever thrown up during a call?  

43 members have voted

1. 1.

• No
    • Yes

Sorry 'bout that. squint. :oops:

I got a smell I want to dodge, I'll use either Mentholatum or tincture of benzoin. Neither smells like a food stuff and both are fairly easy to get/keep in the box or rig. A dab of Mentholatum on my upper lip or a dab or spray of benzoin on the inside of a mask [a trick taught to me by an old time anesthesiologist].

I've had some *really* bad memories of the one time I tried to use peppermint extract and had to dodge mints for a year or so.

Rowan

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Borg...Star Trek deal a group of aliens with a linked consciousness, that consumed every thing that they could find. Thank your lucky Stars the that the crew of the enterprise saved the universe again, Whew.

McKesson Inhalator-Resuscitator-Aspirator cool but cant find it on the Internet, maybe we need a stone tablet link. te he.

EMS cat...didn't your nose stick together with tincture of benzoin??? oh OK not IN your nose.... what was I thinking?

I love the smell of it "Fryers Balsam" used it to prep neonates before securing the tube works great but hard coming off use a liquid plastic skin prep these days, gets all over you gloves, sometimes the old ways are the best, never heard of an allergy to tincture of benzoin.

I think some patients may take offense to my spraying deodorizer on them. It's probably best to stick with vapo rub during the call, then spray everything down afterwards. :wink:

Oh I don't usually have to worry about telling them they stink, PD or the hospital is more than happy to thell them that. :)

I have came close a couple of times. I have a really good stomach but you cough something up and expect me to catch it in a tissue I am going to GAG. The other thing is smell in houses, My partner teased me to the point of almost puking in the truck ...But i didnt I waited until we got back to the station. SOmething about stepping in dog poop and unrine that can get me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.