Does your Agency Participate in Studies/Clinical trials...

Ace844

Does your Agency Participate in Studies/Clinical trials...  

5 members have voted

1. 1.

• 1.) Yes
    • 2.) No
    • 3.) Occassionally
    • 4.) We'd like to but don't know how to go about doing it
    • 5.) We have no interest, we can barely staff trucks
    • 6.) What's a clinical study/trial..??

Hi All,

In relation to my other post and some others that have been posted on this board recently, I got to wondering how common is research in EMS in general. It seems that most of the studies come from a few select areas....So lets hear from everyone, and what they think about the renewed push towards evidenced based medicine in EMS!!

Out here,

Ace844

I have discussed this with my ADminstrator and I agreee evidence medicine is going to be VERY hard in EMS. Performing emporical studies in the field with very many variables, will be hard to prove. I am not saying it should not be done, but will be very difficult for true scientific studies.

Be safe,

Ridryder 911

Currently, the biggest problem in my agency is the limited volume of patients. On a busy day we may transport 5-7 patients, on most 1-2. The most common types of calls are drug/ETOH related, and there are very few things that we would be able to control for.

Our medical director has assigned a couple of the residents to review data from the last two years in reference to intubation proficiency, so maybe there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.