looking for awesome ems system

kimi911

Frogive me if this is a topic that has already been covered. I did a search and didnt find it. I am from Indiana and have been considering moving to another state. My options are pretty much wide open. I have a checklist to check off for places I would consider moving to. Number 1 on the list is a good strong EMS system. I have worked in EMS for 11 years now, the last 8 as a paramedic. If there is one thing I have learned from working in multiple systems, its that there is way more to a system than its standing orders. I work in 2 systems that have almost identical standing orders, but totally different cultures. I am looking to move somewhere with a great EMS culture. Somewhere with a medical director that is involved, where expectations are high. Somewhere that medics are encouraged to think and do whats best for the patient and not just follow the "recipe" from a cookbook. Do u guys have any recommendations?

Johnson County Med-Act in Olathe Ks= super tough to get on with but well worth it

The EMS System in Springfield Mo, not the Cox system but the St Johns system. Bob Page if I recollect is still working there - google him

The system where Systemet or IslandEMT worked as well as the one where Croaker is working. (I think that's in Idaho)

Or up in Michigan so you can go meet ERDoc.

Yeah, but she asked for a STRONG EMS system and the chances of meeting me are minimal :whistle:

aint that truth,no matter how many times we had plans for dinner, you always backed out.

There are some decent systems here in Maine, but the state has some different ideas on how things are done.

I had much better protocols when we worked in NH, with great medical direction from a trauma doc who was an active participant in our operation.

Some cutting edge and advanced practice ideas there over a decade ago. The medical director was accessible and one hell of a great guy to work with.

Edited by island emt

Welcome.

There are a variety of systems out there that will probably meet your needs. However, without knowing what else is on your check list of requirements it's really impossible to make any kind of suggestions. What fits your description, based on what you've shared as being important, will vary from person to person based on how your ideas are interpreted.

To expand on that a bit, your checklist should include things like off duty activities, geography, climate, hobbies et cetera. I'm quite sure you know this already. However, we don't know this as we are just meeting you here for the first time. If we start naming places in New England and you hate snow that wouldn't do you much good. So if you have additional requirements that might help narrow down some good choices for you I'm sure we could put together a decent list.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.