URGENT HELP NEEDED BY FELLOW EMT,

irishdanny

Hello folks ,

I'm danny and I'm an EMT in ireland , I have come up with an idea which I have in the advance stages . Its a star of life that when your smart phone scans it gives Ems staff all vital info that you may need , my question is what info do you feel would benifit you and help you do your job better, this is for all EMS ,

Please folks I really need the feed back,

Cheers

danny

Guess its kind of like the Vial of Life.

For me it would be, in no particular order:

Name

Emergency Contact

Allergies

Blood Type

Pertinant Medical History (COPD, Cancer, the big things)

Current Meds w/ Dose

Dr.'s Name and contact

probably some other things I can't think of right now but should get you started.

• Like 1

Scrub .thank you for ur feedback.

Hey ugly .

Thanks so much for the detailed reply .if you think of more please get back to me by Thursday as I'm going to the programmers on friday to go on the info got here.

Again any info even x rays and the likes can be put on this device .which areas do you look for medic alert devices. Necklace .bracelet . keychain . wallet.

Which is the one you feel OK with.

Please get back guys.

Danny

So are you an EMT like you claim in your OP? Or are you an ex-EMT like your profession reads in your profile? Even if you're an ex-EMT I'm curious why you're asking others what information they would want. What information would *you* want? Even if you only went through training and never worked as an EMT you should have an idea what's important. You should also have an idea what types of medic alert devices are searched for and where (and further realizing that the selection of a medic alert device is a patient choice not a provider choice).

Colour me skeptical.

I'm an ex-emt. Trained 14 years ago and stoped working 3 years ago.its just with every changeing day pre-hosp care advances. That's why I asked if any other info should be on the device that would make life a bit easer for people on the front line,

Hope this explaines

Cheers,

Danny

If this is like a micro chip or similar data storage device maybe a few recent medical charts or labs?

I was thinking more last night....

Maybe stent placement (if any)

Major surgeries

Not that it would help much in the field but if this device is staying with the patient might help in the hospital getting the info more quickly.

As for your question of medic alert jewelry placement. This is where I have found all of them on my patients.

Neck
Wrist

Ankle

Thanks ugly for gettin back to me, its a star of life worn by the patient 'wont go into all the tech but kinda like QR code kinda ,each device is different. and can store ct ,mri, xray ,notes,

I'm going to trail it in ireland then I intend to roll it out world wide , I hope that then have ems people all over the world selling these as akind of second income,

Cheers

Danny

The app for reading the device would be issued by the state ems regulator so that data is protected,

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.