Hello from Waco, Texas!

jessicacb

Hello from Waco, Texas! I am an EMT-Basic Student right now. If you could, can you please help me find good jobs across the nation? Feel free to send me a guesstimate of salary in all areas, and if you feel like there are some resources I could use, please let me know! Thanks guys, and keep it safe out there!!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Jessica,

This site is actually one of the best resources out there. Lot's of knowledgeable people here. When do you graduate?

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Are you prepared for a move across the country? If so there are many people out there on this site that have information on jobs that might be available but....... you have to give us more information that just wanting a job somewhere in the country.

Think upon the question of where you would want to work and then come back and post with particulars of where you want to work.

Depends on where you go. A basic here starts around $8.00 / hr some places will go up to $12.00/hr for a new basic, but generally in places where the cost of living is 3 times higher, so not big money

Wages are still that low?! WTF! That's horrible.... I think that's what we made back in the early 80's. I say again, WTF?

I took my dog to the kennel and saw a flyer on their wall advertising an opening as a night time "kennel keeper" (yes that's what they call themselves). I asked what starting pay was since I am looking for some part time work to get some bills paid off and they said they start at 14.00 per hour. 14.00 per freaking hour to just keep an eye on the dogs and cats and keep the area clean.

There is NO school required to be a kennel keeper and they still make more than some(many) EMT"s and maybe even some(many) medics.

I took my dog to the kennel and saw a flyer on their wall advertising an opening as a night time "kennel keeper" (yes that's what they call themselves). I asked what starting pay was since I am looking for some part time work to get some bills paid off and they said they start at 14.00 per hour. 14.00 per freaking hour to just keep an eye on the dogs and cats and keep the area clean.

There is NO school required to be a kennel keeper and they still make more than some(many) EMT"s and maybe even some(many) medics.

Yes, I agree, that is horrible. Can I have the $25 coffee card now?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.