Asiana Airlines Flight 214

Arctickat

I agree with you Richard. Look at how many people are still questioning Sept 11th and TWA 800. Although, I have to agree with questioning TWA 800, but that is a whole other thread. As for AA 587, the pilots got shafted and aren't around to defend themselves.

We're they saying they thought it was a terrorist attack? I know post-911 everything was terror related. The reports I heard were that there was fatigue of the tail that led to separation when the crew tried to regain control after hitting some bad wake turbulence or something similar.

After 9-11, there was a rally at Madison Square Garden, where an FDNY Fire Fighter said, during a live broadcast of the event, that Osama BenLadin could kiss his ass (cleaned up for my posting here). The FF was a Rockaway resident, possibly from Belle Harbor. The conspiracy theorists say that the crash was staged to hit where the FF lived.

Law enforcement says that eyewitness reports are notorious for inaccuracies. Due to how the plane fell out of the sky, some of the eyewitnesses say the plane appeared to back up in midair, to fall on Beach 131st Street and Newport Avenue.

My theory? I have vague memories of reports of Airbus 300 series planes having control issues, where even the slightest movement of controls in the cockpit resulted in the control surfaces moving to the maximum of it's movement. Therefore, when Captain Mullins attempted to get out of the turbulence from the JAL 747 ahead of it, it resulted in the over-steering, the Captain's reaction to the over-steering being another over-steering in the other direction, which stressed the tail fin to the point of snapping off. I believe the composite material of the tail fin should have been designed to take the stresses, and the over-controlling issues addressed while the plane was still in the prototype stage.

By the way, a few months after the Flight 800 crash, an Egypt Air plane captain reported someone had fired some kind of a surface to air missile at him moments after takeoff from JFK, stating the missile's propellant was showing as a blue flame. I think I saw the flame from miles off, while driving with my girlfriend on a back road inside the Fort Tilden section of Gateway National Recreation Area. I also accept the offered explanation of the "flame" being a meteorite burning up on atmospheric entry.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.