Is there someplace here that has a list of upcoming classes?

Alright, so I admit as of late I have been entirely too busy to lurk. But I came by looking for classes and to generally lurk. As a provider as well as an instructor that puts on regular card and CE classes I got to wondering, Is there someplace on the boards that has a list of upcoming classes that we could both reference and post classes?

Thanks,

Sarah

Seeing as we have members in all 50 US states, and numerous other countries, I do not see how that would be feasible. Unless you are offering to start compiling a list of every class offered in every state and country?

Sorry that's a snarky response. I'm hot and tired and just generally cranky. I really think a state website would be better suited for you to find what you're looking for. Good luck.

Edited by scubanurse

LOL I am on of the odd ones that will go to other states especially if something is offered elsewhere that isn't offered in my state.

That's great, but there is no way we would all compile a list like that.

being preggo tends to bring out the snarkiness.

I think more with being completely sleep deprived and exhausted...

A hypothetical situation, a real agency named:

Inwood (Nassau County, NY) VFD/EMS runs with AEMTs (Advanced), who are allowed to start IVs, as allowed by the county. Queens County (a section of NYC) sits a mere 200 feet away. If the IVFD AEMT starts an IV in Queens, they're operating outside of their "Scope of Practice", as Queens, and the rest of NYC don't accept the title of AEMT. They cross the county line, theoretically, they revert to EMT-Bs.

Just remember that Local Protocols Rule. Going outside your home county, or state, or nearby international border might give you a better idea of what to do, but where you work determines how and/or what you can do.

Still, I presume anyone can ask of their area Department of Health, or whatever they're called locally, to provide the calendar list of upcoming classes, as can EMS training groups. I have to admit my own uncertainty if my old agency accepts Continuing Medical Education credits from other "outside" agencies from the same general area.

As an addendum, National Association of EMTs and other EMS related groups hold National and International educational conferences, who's training might or might not be accepted by our local authorities. Even if the training is not accepted, it is always nice exchanging ideas with newfound friends.

My instructors at my former agency (I'm retired from active service) looked at my training certifications from a state convention, told me they couldn't use it, but told me to hang on to them, as the situation could change the next day.

Edited by Richard B the EMT

Seeing as we have members in all 50 US states, and numerous other countries, I do not see how that would be feasible. Unless you are offering to start compiling a list of every class offered in every state and country?

Sorry that's a snarky response. I'm hot and tired and just generally cranky. I really think a state website would be better suited for you to find what you're looking for. Good luck.

Actually, that's the pregnancy talking.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.