what jobs are available with emt cert but no medical examiners card

My friend with whom I went to emt school with is having trouble finding a job becuase he can not obtain a medical examiners card. He has a medical condition that is controled with medication and is fully capable of carrying out the duties required by emts. But the rules state that he has to be off meds and episode free for 10 years. I dont want him to feel as if his schooling has gone to waste. Does anyone know of any companies that might hire drivers with an emt. Or any other employment oppertunities?

Welcome to the City, Haley. You will find that there are people from all over the world that are members here. The details of your specific area may be much different from anyone else. You will need to provide a little more info before anyone can even begin to answer your questions. To start:

Where are you?

What is a medical examiners card?

OK Haley: back to your question for Your friend.

There are emergency room tech jobs that sometimes hire EMT'B's ,but most will want either advanced or paramedics.

summer camps hire live in emt's , amusement parks,also hire EMT's.

From the description I'm guessing a seizure disorder. I'm unaware of any other conditions that require one to by medication/symptom free for so long..

If I'm correct, I'm unaware of any place that would hire such a person. I'm sorry for the time spent that may not be able to be used, but unfortunately that's one of the things that really needs to be checked before choosing a path. Not completely their fault, as most people seem to believe that anyone can do EMS.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.