onlime emt training

favazzor

Hello everyone! New to the site and love it. I am currently a fire science major and would like to get my emt basic certificate but with my current school and work schedule its kinda hard to attend classes. Does anyone know of an online course? That I could get nationally registered as well?

Unfortunately Brother, this is going to get you some negative responses as it shows that you're simply another guy wanting to ride a fire truck but has to pretend to know how to do basic medicine to do it.

Most of us here take medicine pretty seriously, so questions of "What's the cheapest path, with the least amount of actual work that I can take to get a cert that allows me to brag about saving lives??"

I'm truly not trying to bust your chops, just explaining that you'll need to be a little thick skinned in this thread is all.

To the best of my knowledge there is no place to take it completely online, but we have a few here that have done the didactic online and claim that one of the schools is pretty good..though I can't remember the name...

They'll find you here though and help you out.

Good to have you here...have a good day!

• Like 1

PERCOM has an online class, but you still have to do around 80 clinical hours. They offer AEMT and Paramedic as well. I am not particularly smitten with it, but have no data to indicate that it's better or worse than a traditional course. I completed a BS degree mostly online except for the research and a clinical rotation, and anecdotally, found it to have pros and cons, but not quite as terrible as I though it may have been.

Edit: However, both my AAS in nursing and AAS in respiratory were traditional "brick and mortar" community college degrees, so I went into the BS degree with a good foundation of traditional college credits already under my belt.

Edited by chbare

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="ApneicMinority" data-cid="292498" data-time="1356756545"><p>

Never heard of an online EMT course. I Would be quite concerned if there was one also. The current training is inadequate enough already.</p></blockquote>

My name is Ann and i took the online emt class. For the guy that said he hopes there is not an online cless and it doesnt sufficiently train you, i have you know my huspand took a sit in class and i have not only way out scored him, but i am teaching him more and more stuff on a daily basis. The online class has went over and beyond my expecations and im a great emt for it. The class forces you to learn the material and when you do go in for your assesments and test your expected to already know what to do. Its been such an amszing class for me.

My wife just finished a BSN program that was mostly online. There were a few courses done by the statewide teleconference system & the rest were online with 1 or 2 class meetings for an afternoon as a group. There were 12 students in the program from all over the state

You can become a doctor doing your book part almost entirely online so why is it that something as simple as EMT or Paramedic could not also be handled that way? Pick a good program and you will fine whether it is standard classes or online. There is no such thing as totally online at this time though. You will have to attend hands on labs and clinicals.