Pinche Hombre Nueva

ALLAmeRiquen

Hi My name Is Michael I am a EMS Student,

Im now going to the City with historically the best FD in the U.S. and the best school at the Local level for state requisites in My state.

(which I intend to pass my NREMT exam after Passing and graduate) leaving for NYC

I choose to go until I become a Paramedic NREMT-P and keep on till Im forced into retirement at a major FD.

whats up fellow als trauma junkies?

Hi My name Is Michael I am a EMS Student,

Im now going to the City with historically the best FD in the U.S. and the best school at the Local level for state requisites in My state.

(which I intend to pass my NREMT exam after Passing and graduate) leaving for NYC

I choose to go until I become a Paramedic NREMT-P and keep on till Im forced into retirement at a major FD.

whats up fellow als trauma junkies?

Mike,

Welcome to the City, I would love to know the name of this great city of yours. Otherwise I will assume you are talking about New York

Oy, hombre nueva-

Why do you want to be a hosemonkey? If you like paramedicine, why go fire? (Yes, I know... worms... can... open...) But seriously, I want to hear where you're coming from.

And what fire department are you singing the praises of? On what basis do you call them the "historically best"? Just curious...

All the best,

Wendy

CO EMT-B

RN-ADN Student

Welcome to the city!

Good on you for going for the EMT cert. EMS is both rewarding and challenging.

I hope that trauma is not the base motivation for you wanting to be an EMT. That luster wears off very quickly. Trauma is neither all that interesting or challenging after a while. If a complicated medical call is not of your interest you run the risk of becoming disenfranchised and disappointed with EMS.

Are you a dude or a girl? From your thread title I cannot tell. Hombre means man but nueva is a feminine gender word, confusing.

You might have meant hombre nuevo, perhaps?

Edited by DFIB

Most of us in EMT City, even if not an FD based EMS provider, sing praises for their local FD (emphasis: MOST).

Having said that...

Welcome to the EMT City. (goes to his prepared speech...ahem...)

If you use either initials or acronyms to indicate either illnesses or treatments, please realize they are not universal. Please spell out what the initials stand for. If one says the patients vital signs were "WNL", meaning "within normal limits", remember the lawyers will say it stands for "we never looked".

We pride ourselves on professionalism. It's all right to disagree, if presenting what you perceive as facts. NEVER say "You're wrong because you're stoopid (deliberate misspelling)."

Again, WELCOME ABOARD!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.