greetings and salutations...

monkadelic

Hi im Michael.. my friends call me Monk. I love me some George Clinton and Funkadelic which earned me the nickname Monkadelic :P... I am an EMT-Basic in NE Missisippi; just passed my registry a month ago and got hired for a transfer to EMS through the Hospital I have worked at for 5 years as an inpatient transporter; so I kinda know most EMT/Medics there from seeing them everyday, so the "new guy syndrome" does not affect me as much. Before I came to healthcare i was a certified chef through apprenticeship and actually started at the hospital here as the catering chef for the CEO and Board of Directors. Heck of a career change eh? Spare time i like editing video/music and i also make 3D mapping for video games as a hobby. I start on the truck Monday as I have to work out my 2 week transfer notice/release; but I am stoked to be apart of something I love to do- interact and make a difference in peoples lives, as per I could never do that with cooking. Meh i guess I'm starting to run off on a tangent but i hope i can offer as much as I can to the site/community... see everyone around, Ive got to catch up on the new episode of breaking bad :D...

• Like 1

Welcome!!!!!!

Was stationed in Biloxi many years ago at Keesler Airplane patch. Have to say I enjoyed vast majority of it.

Edited by djdudley

Hey thanks everyone for the hospitality; ArticKat I don't really do recipes; I just make things usually with what I have on hand... but i will be glad to share some stuff with you... if I make something someone loves i usually convert it out on paper then. Just let me know what you are interested in.. right now I have been on a sauce kick- making various hot sauces and bbq sauces. And I also make my own Sriracha sauce instead of buying the Huy Fong stuff.

Welcome to The City! I have never lived in Mississippi but I have caught and tied some hogs around Laurel.

It is good t have you!

• Like 1

I have never lived in Mississippi but I have caught and tied some hogs around Laurel.

yessir! gotta love the pine belt.. I lived in hattiesburg for 5 years but i live in Tupelo now. bunch of hogs and deer on I-59 actually hit a deer going back there one year on thanksgiving right outside of Meridian, and before that happened by hood flew up on me and spiderwebbed my windshield on a bridge going 70- talk about some bad luck right there.

We ran the dogs and caught 4 to 3 hogs in the morning hunt. It was a pretty good day.

Those deer will tear up a good truck. Was it a total loss?

Those deer will tear up a good truck. Was it a total loss?

No fortunately I had just pulled out of the gas station where a Deputy helped me rig my hood down with some cable ties he had in his squad car.. I was only going about 30 when it occurred, deer was on the drivers side just sitting there and decided about 50 feet away it was his time to die and darted out in front of me. I was already in the left lane so I turned into the median and clipped him on the right headlight; minimal damage to my Cutlass; probably a career ending hip injury for Bambi tho. Would have loved to have stopped and got me some venison for the next day; but the traumatizing effect of already splintering a windshield THEN hitting a deer in the same day almost dying TWICE on a holiday just made me just want to go to bed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.