Fourth of July

emtdennis

Ask your local fire truck drivers :D

That ain't water they're using in that truck, that's why they don't actually like to put the fires out.

Edited by Arctickat

I'll be hosing down anyone in sight that has a firecracker.

You and me both, brother! So far, my area's been pretty on board with the NO BURN idea. All the smoke in the air has something to do with it prolly.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

RN-ADN Student

You and me both, brother! So far, my area's been pretty on board with the NO BURN idea. All the smoke in the air has something to do with it prolly.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

RN-ADN Student

Lucky you. I have idiots in my neighborhood who will start the firecrackers tonight and won't stop until 3 am on the 5th, statewide ban be damned. In the past few years, they've also started launching the kind you see at fireworks shows. Those are the idiots I call the cops on.

Is it actually illegal? I thought it was okay to brew the stuff for personal consumption, it was the transport and sale of which that was illegal. I could be mistaken though.

The sale of it is illegal, due directly to deaths, you can bring it back, own it, consume it, etc. You just can't get it, w/o trying hard. I'd have to go to Maryland to purchase it.

I'll be hosing down anyone in sight that has a firecracker.

Considering the circumstances, while I'm not crosstrained as a Fire Fighter, if I was there, I'd at least be spraying with a garden hose!

Anyway, my Lady J and I, with another 68 people who are about to become newly found old friends, are going to watch the Macy's 4th of July Fireworks displays from the "Party Fishing" vessel "Captain Mike", out of Howard Beach, Queens County, NY, from somewhere on the Hudson River.

We sometimes run south to Missouri and purchase fireworks and shoot them off here on the farm. Yes they are illegal in Iowa but you know out in the very rural area's law enforcement pretty much ignores you. Other times we just go watch someone else set them off. My husbands family started a 4th of July celebration here locally here in Iowa and he grew up in the world of fireworks, creating the set pieces and setting up the tubes to shoot the airels from, and also lightening them off. Safety was his first lesson and they still hold today. We have never had an accident or anything set on fire. The grandkids watch from the safety of the patio, while the guys light things off out back away from the house and out buildings. But this year we are staying in the air conditioned comfort of our home. Its about 100 now and feels like a whole lot higher than that..

So to everyone out there, Happy 4th of July, stay safe and stay cool.

From hotter than hell Iowa.

I have to say Macy's Fourth of July Fireworks on the Hudson/East River are pretty damn awesome! Saw them in 2008

There was some dude walking round threatening to kill people, so I found the nearest cop (not like they are hard to find there we enough of them), who happened to be a Sargent in the NYPD Transit Bureau if I remember correctly and told him. His answer? You see that cop over there (like ten feet away) ... go tell him.

I am not sure some people should be allowed to leave the donut shop ....

Some of you may remember this, I did from when I was a kid, follows the old school FDNY on the Fourth of July 1989

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyy_3d_H-xc

Edited by Kiwiology

1989 so back in the bad old days of the Health and Hospitals Commission NYC*EMS

90 Zebra for the assignment?

Negative k, at the donut shop

Hmm, 92 Young for the assignment holding?

Young unable, at the deli, yo I said pastrami not salami, jeez! :D

Edited by Kiwiology