What's wrong with this picture?

BEorP

Fire fighters are excellent force multipliers that perform the tasks you ask them to with adherence and ease.

Perhaps that is my experience, where here in Minnesota, fire fighters and police officers are required to be first responders and many departments push for EMT Basic. do I think that fire is the correct celery method for ALS EMS? Absolutely not, but that is another conversation in and of itself and in no way means that I don't implicitly appreciate the fire service for the help we get from them. There are about 40 fire stations in my service area, 25 of which are full time stations and our max truck load is 18. There are many more of them and more well spread out than us making them ideal first responders only second to police.

If one is so concerned about the patency of their airway, perhaps one should do a rock solid job of securing the tube and monitor continuous capnography. Professional first responders know what they are doing generally speaking.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Question, then, why was a non-health professional sent to a medical call?

Addendum: Not trying to be facetious, it's a legit question. I mean, you don't fight fires with an ambulance and you don't chase bad guys in a firetruck.

Because the fire profession is working themselves out of business. Fire prevention has done too good a job, but the call volume must be kept up to justify funding. Many Toronto fire stations do about an even split between false alarms and medical assists (automatically tiered) in an average shift. It has nothing to do with benefiting the patient.

• Like 3

That is why I like the New Zealand Fire Service, they are funded off of a levy on house and fire insurance premiums and the Government tops up if required to ensure a guarenteed minimum (insert complexities of Fire Service Act here) so it is not tax funded and do not have to justify themselves to the Government as they are an independent body

• 1 month later...

where i work EMTs and Intermediates are up to date with their skills... Paramedics just sit back and relax... thats how close we all are that we trust each other with our own skills...

Sad to see i cant be said in other states.

Greetings from New Mexico

There a funny pictures from everyone out there....You might just not know it...

I had a picture of my underwear on national television.... During a joint anti-terror thrill we did some height-rescue... Sadly my overall ruptured... right over my fat ass.... Nice comment from the TV Guy: "Rescuers gave everything"....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.